How do I know what app is causing Android to crash?

A

AC Question

how to know what app is causing android to crash

hey, I have an alcatel one touch idol (android 4.1.1 version). once it froze and didn't want to unlock so I restarted it and when it got up it remained up for less than 1 minute and then got frozen again but this time it restarted it self. it restarts itself now 2 or 3 times before it stops maybe it restarts forever sometimes. so I entered safe mode and tried to remove any newly updated apps but the same thing happens. I wan't to know if I can know for sure what is causing this before going to factory setting solution.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to know what app is causing android to crash

Welcome to the forums. If it is crashing in Safe mode, then you need to try a reset.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to know what app is causing android to crash

Hello, welcome to the forums! Trying to find out which app is causing that problem will be a bit of hit and miss. You'll need patience and luck :)

Can you open third party apps while on safe mode? You can do this in some phones but I'm not sure about yours. If so you can start for the usual suspects, battery savers, cleaners, memory boosters, lockers etc. Go one by one until the problem comes back.

Just in case, go to settings - security - device administrators and see what's included in that list. If you're lucky maybe you can easily find the culprit there.