How do I delete my husbands gmail account from my phone?

A

AC Question

how to delete my husband gmail account from my phone

husband was without for awile and we added his gmail account to my phone.now he has a phone and he added his contacts into it,now it comes up on mine,I want to delete it off of mine without deleting his information

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to delete my husband gmail account from my phone

Hi, welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have? In most phones you can remove a Google account in settings - accounts - Google - select the account - tap on the three dots top right - remove account.

sue c smith

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
he had his gmail on mine but now hehas his own, with his gmail address. he dont need on mind. I want it off cause it mess up with my stuff on my phone,virgin moble android smarter phone.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I would assume that if you preformed a factory reset, this would clear all the data and emails etc associated with the device. Then become active once again only until you added your email when the screen prompt appears.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
he had his gmail on mine but now hehas his own, with his gmail address. he dont need on mind. I want it off cause it mess up with my stuff on my phone,virgin moble android smarter phone.

Welcome to Android Central! As T0ASTERvan mentioned, it's always a good idea to do a factory reset when giving your phone to someone else. But you should also remove your Google account beforehand, which can be done in Settings>Accounts by selecting Google, then tapping Menu, then Remove Account.

As it is, you could still try going to Settings>Accounts, select Google, select your husband's account, then tap Menu>Remove Account.