Transferring apps from Galaxy s5 phone to Galaxy tab s2

fibrogirl8

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone is running Lollipop 5.1.1 and my tablet is new and I'm trying to set it up. Both have Wi-Fi Direct. Will I be able to copy all my apps to the tablet? If so, could someone please tell me how?

Also, a second, question, if I may-I'm switching over to the new tablet from an iPad. Can I transfer photos, music, apps,? If so, detailed instructions, dumbed down, would be really great for me! ;) and much appreciated, too! :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! There's no easy way to copy apps per se. You can easily install the apps to the new tablet from Google Play Store or the Galaxy Apps Store. If you purchased them before, you don't have to buy them again. If you want to transfer game progress to the new tablet, that can be difficult. Games that save your progress to the cloud (like if you logged in with your Google+ or Facebook account, or if the game had you create an account on its own server) will let you pick up where you left off easily. But games that only save your progress locally will be harder. You'd have to find that save game data file (if any) and copy it to the new tablet (by copying it first to your computer via USB, then to the new tablet via USB; or uploading it to Google Drive, then downloading it from Drive to the new tablet).

Try using Samsung Smart Switch for your iPad-to-Tab S2 move.

Happy New Year!

fibrogirl8

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy! Thanks for your help! It doesn't sound too difficult. Just hope I don't screw up! I'm not a gamer so I don't have to deal with that part, thankfully, but I am an avid Instagrammer. Would you happen to know if I will lose all my posted photos, list of those I'm following, etc.? And a very Happy New Year to you! Linda

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Instagram, but with apps like those, any photo you post is uploaded to their server. If you can access it online from your computer, then you won't lose those photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member