How to scroll up to see message history?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
When I reply a sms, if I have typed a long reply, I will not be able to scroll up to see the conversation history while typing a long reply (See the last pic). I can only see the history after I sent the reply.

Sometimes during the reply I need to see the conversation history because the other party asked a few questions and I need to refer to it when replying.

How can I scroll up to read the history?

HviM7f5.png
by1Sj8R.png

Using Samsung S4 default sms app.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Press the back button to remove the keyboard and when you want to recommence typing tap in the message box and the keyboard will reappear

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Press the back button to remove the keyboard and when you want to recommence typing tap in the message box and the keyboard will reappear

It works. Thanks
However, if I am typing a super long message, even if the keyboard disappear it will not work as the message will still occupy the whole screen, any solution for this?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Touch the screen area. I can move it up and down

Only the area that you are typing can be moved up and down. The history part is hidden because the message is too long, i cannot touch the history area to swipe up and down.

I am talking about when typing a very long message. You can see in my example image attached the text (Test) i am typing has occupied the whole screen when I am typing. history area is hidden.