'AP currently not in use-slow internet connection' on my Samsung Android phone. What do I do?

A

AC Question

'AP currently not in use-slow internet connection' on my Samsung Android phone

BT broadband went down yesterday. My laptop is now working fine connected to my WiFi but I cannot get my phone to pick up the WiFi. I have disconnected reconnected,have also 'Forget' my hub and reentered password but I am still getting the same message and says cannot identify IP address.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
AP not in use - or API not in use?

The AP is the wireless part of your hub. The API is the data your phone uses to connect to the internet through BT's data connection. (Turn mobile data off until BT gets the situation fixed.)

If it's "AP", is anything else able to connect to the hub? Can you pull the power on he hub, let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in? See if that helps.

Does the hub have a WPS button? If it does, press it then, on the phone, in the wifi page, tap the menu and tap WPS button. The phone and hub should talk to each other and set up a connection.

Try connecting the phone to some public open wifi. If that won't work, the phone has a problem. If it works, the hub has a problem.

It's a step by step procedure, figuring out where the problem is, then trying one thing after another, until something works.

Also, see this page for more ideas.

TDRPro210

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the same phone, on t-mobile, with the same issue. AP not in use. I've done everything suggested above and on the link with no success. It's my primary wifi, netgear nighthawk r8500 that I'm having issues acquiring an ip adress from. " failed to opbtain ip adress... slow Internet. Is 115dl and 12.5 upload. slow Internet is not the case with the router. No issue with the connecting to other wifi with the galaxy S5 of mine which is only 3 months old, in prime condition. Also, the router serves other users/ guest as it should, fast and efficiently, and all three channels are fully functional.

Just looking to help out by showing that the fella above wasnt alone with his problem. Further advise would be greatly appreciated my friends. Thanks.

FIRST! !!!!