Where did the Pinterest widget on my Samsung Note 4 go?

Etherealcry

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I have searched for days until I'm beyond my patience level. I have a Samsung Note 4. Several days ago I lost both my Facebook and Pinterest widgets. The widgets were black, said their was a problem, so I removed them from the screen, then went to my widgets to restore them, and they were gone. I fixed my Facebook widget issue after uninstalling updates, uninstalled Pinterest also, and set Google play to not auto update - because update is the issue. Every time it updates, the widget would vanish.

Well, I see everyone figured that out - search for Facebook widget gone (they won't let me post a link.. Wth).

At least one member mentioned also having a problem with the Pinterest widget, but no solution exists.

I uninstalled Pinterest, Facebook updates, and my launcher, then set touchwiz back to default launcher. I restarted my phone. Facebook widget returned, reinstalled Pinterest, but widget did not come back. Facebook updated, widget disappeared. Uninstalled, set to not auto update, restarted, reinstalled, Facebook back for good, Pinterest still missing. Removed all screens and items. Went through same process, no success. I'm at the end of ideas. I have the Pinterest app icon in app drawer, but the widget is still missing from my widgets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe there's a requirement to have at least 10 posts under your belt before you can post links. It's intended to discourage people from coming onto the forum and immediately start spamming with unwanted links. BTW, posts in this particular forum (Android Apps) don't count toward your post count, since this forum is used primarily for developers to promote their apps. I'll move it to the General Help forum.

Facebook did in fact get rid of their widget recently. Some speculate that it's to "encourage" (aka, force) people to use the app as much as possible, so that they see all of the lovely ads that are served up to them.:-\ Not sure about Pinterest, though. When you uninstalled Pinterest, was it only updates that you uninstalled? That is, was Pinterest preinstalled on the phone? If not, and you uninstalled it, then reinstalling it only gets you the most recent version--and if Pinterest got rid of the widget in that version, that's why you still don't have it.

Etherealcry

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
When you uninstalled Pinterest, was it only updates that you uninstalled? That is, was Pinterest preinstalled on the phone? If not, and you uninstalled it, then reinstalling it only gets you the most recent version--and if Pinterest got rid of the widget in that version, that's why you still don't have it.

No, I uninstalled the entire thing, it was not pre-installed. I have not read anything pertaining to them removing the widget. I went ahead and posted the question to their help section as well. Just thought if someone could help me out quicker it would be nice. Otherwise, I'll just post what they tell me when they respond.

Tnx

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87