Music from the same artist and album being divided into two separate albums

eafierro

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Recently I've been having an issue with the way my music is read on my Incredible. I experience the same issue with the same files on both the stock music app in cm 7, as well as poweramp and mixzing. With some albums, songs are being read as two separate albums. For example, I have eminem's recovery on my phone. When I go into the album list in either app, it shows two recovery albums, one with one song, and the other with the rest of the songs. I tried editing the tags using poweramp, mixzing, and even banshee media player on my laptop. I primarily use poweramp, so my attempts at fixing this have mainly been with that. I can't figure out how to combine them into one album like they should be. Anyone seen this before?

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
What are you using to sync from your computer? Coming from iTunes?

If you're using doubletwist airsync, then don't get me started (it happens ALL the time). But even doubletwist sometimes just messes things up. I just plug in my phone, delete the album, then resync.

Beyond that, maybe try Android ID3. It edits the ID3's, poweramp and those don't actually work for me.

ajkahn

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on my iPhone when using iTunes to sync after they updated itunes. The reason I found was different album artist tags. Check those tags on the song that you have residing alone. It should match exactly the tag on other songs. Now I'm away from my iphone and the big hassle that was itunes, but its strange to know that this problem still exists.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

eafierro

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I used banshee media player since I have linux installed on my computer. Then I tried just copying and pasting since that did not work. I tried Android ID3 just now and still the same issue. I have no clue what other options to try, I guess it may just be an issue with the mp3 files themselves. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress