How do I set certain apps to automatically save photos to the SD card rather than internal storage?

A

AC Question

With the camera application, I am aware of the option to set it to save both photos and videos to the SD card, which is great! However, with other applications such as facebook, when I try to save photos, the photos save to the internal storage. Is there a way to make the downloaded photos save automatically to the SD card?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
With the camera application, I am aware of the option to set it to save both photos and videos to the SD card, which is great! However, with other applications such as facebook, when I try to save photos, the photos save to the internal storage. Is there a way to make the downloaded photos save automatically to the SD card?

Actually, not so great. Lots have people have reported the loss of "important" photos due to data corruption when the images were written to the SD card. Possibly a combination of "too slow" SD cards coupled with too short a period between photos, but whatever the reason, it is a common problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some camera apps can be set to do that, but most apps have no "destination" setting, they download to /Downloads, which is internal. (Don't even start with Facebook - it's one of the worst apps written, regardless of the popularity of the site.)