Why no drag and drop fike transfer?

Dmdm272

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I remember back to how easy file transfer used to be on android. Just plug in usb, treat it like any other sd card and drag and drop files wherever I pleased.

So simple, so easy.

Note I have a note 3 and that doesn't work any more!

I have to use Samsungs software and it just gets in the way and makes things more difficult! I feel like an iphone user trapped in itunes!

So my first question is: is there a way to return to the old drag and drop way (even if it's via an app).

My second question is: why are they doing this? i.e. what's in it for them (since it obviously doesn't help the user any)?

Thanks!

Edit (can't seem to reply?): I use osx (think mountain lion?)

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I remember back to how easy file transfer used to be on android. Just plug in usb, treat it like any other sd card and drag and drop files wherever I pleased.

So simple, so easy.

Note I have a note 3 and that doesn't work any more!

I have to use Samsungs software and it just gets in the way and makes things more difficult! I feel like an iphone user trapped in itunes!

So my first question is: is there a way to return to the old drag and drop way (even if it's via an app).

My second question is: why are they doing this? i.e. what's in it for them (since it obviously doesn't help the user any)?

Thanks!

Guessing you are running Windows 10? it's not the phone it's your OS

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
On a MAC you have to use Android File Transfer. You then have to enable developer options and under "Select USB Configurations", set it to something other than "Charging Only". Depending on your phone, Android will default back to Charging Only though. So you may have to do this every time. If I do not do this every time, my mac will crash and lockup when it senses AFT trying to merge into the OS.

Windows 10 is totally seamless. It just treats it like any other USB storage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone to phone - Total Commander works nicely.

Phone to computer depends on the computer's OS, but it should work on any computer that has drag & drop capability (mine still works on Windows 8.1, and I'm not upgrading).