Which phone should i get

asommers

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Having trouble deciding on a phone. Im getting it from Swappa so its used but piratically brand new - (New Resale)

Was thinking either the Moto Z Droid (New Resale for around $350), Google Pixel (New Resale for about $500). Do you think its worth to spend the extra 200 for the pixel?

I was looking at the Nexus 6p but its outdated (Came out 2015, almost 2017)

Thoughts or suggestions?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Looks like you've got a good shortlist of phones to choose from.

I can't speak for all of the users on here, obviously, but from what I've generally seen around the forums, a lot of users have gone for the Pixel line and have loved it. It's also at the top of the list of Android Central's recommended phones to buy (in the "Android Central Community" forum section, go to the "Buyer's Guide," which has all sorts of goodies when it comes to considering which phone to buy).

With that being said, the Moto is also a good device - I've heard good things about it in general, but I unfortunately do not know much about Moto as a manufacturer.

The Nexus 6P is still a great option, despite the fact that it came out last year. Again, the forums here reflect users who want to keep using their Nexus 6P devices until they die out on them, and don't see themselves switching anytime soon.

The choice is yours! I suggest watching unboxing reviews on YouTube (look out for Android Authority and Android Central) and to test them out in the store to see how they feel in the hand.

Good luck, and let us know what you've decided! :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All three can be justified. IMO the Pixel is justified in the higher price tag. I currently own the Moto Z Force, Pixel XL, Pixel and Nexus 6P. I'd pick the Pixel XL every day of the week for myself if I had to choose only one.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: What phone should I get?

Not enough information-

What features are important to you?

What carrier will you be on?

Also: the Nexus 6P still has value as it is one of the few phones that will work on any carrier.

asommers

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site

Caint decide on which one I want. I dont really play games, just use it for social media, music, youtube and a little pictures/video. Want a fast and reliable phone thats as stock android as it gets. I would get the pixel but its too expensive. I would get the phone from Swappa.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

If you can get a Pixel in perfect condition for $500 then go for it. As for the 6P, it's almost just as good as the Pixel in my opinion.

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Caint decide on which one I want. I dont really play games, just use it for social media, music, youtube and a little pictures/video. Want a fast and reliable phone thats as stock android as it gets. I would get the pixel but its too expensive. I would get the phone from Swappa.

If you want a stock android experience for a better price than the pixel, check out BlackBerry's new DTEK60. It's running stock android with very minimal software tweaks to enhance productivity. It has the same high end specs as other devices in that class, fingerprint scanner, solid glass build, micro SD card expansion, and legendary blackberry encrypted security. Worth a look, honestly. I love mine. And it can be up to $500 cheaper depending on which pixel you were looking at.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Any updates on what you're getting, OP? If you really want stock Android, or as close to stock as you can get, then I would absolutely recommend the Nexus 6P, even now, or the Pixel line.

Plus, if you're concerned about price, a brand new Nexus 6P won't cost you an arm and a leg now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty