Do you use a screen protector?

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I am very much a fan of screen protectors. I used one when I had a phone with the touchscreen that is made of two layers that press together (I don't know what that's called, sorry) before I even turned it on and I want to know if the same type of screen protector will work with the glass heat sensitive (also don't know if that's right, nor what it's called) or if it would be too thick or something.

If it matters, I'm getting a Samsung Replenish. I'm not looking for something that fits the screen exactly, I'm used to the ones where you cut out a rectangle from a sheet and stick it on.

So, my questions are: do you use a screen protector?
Should I? (Are these types of screens more durable than others?)
What kind should I get? Does it matter?
And anything else you feel is relevant!

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using screen protectors a few years back. Since then, I used a Pre and EVO each for a year, and now have a Nexus S 4G, and have never gotten a scratch. But I'm neurotically careful with my phones.

Reactions: Lumos

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Screen are made pretty good now. I have my Hero for almost two years now and had a zagg screen protector on it up until March when my daughter thought the phone was a car and played wit it face down. The protector came off And screen was not harmed. I've since done away with it and have no problems with the screen.

If you are hard on the phone then maybe a screen protector is needed. Use you're better judgment.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Seidio on mine and a Zagg on my wife's phone. Any of the major brands will have a specific version for you phone that will be pre-cut for your screen.

I've always felt that if I banged it up and did not have a simple screen protector on it I'd feel like a dummy.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So, my questions are: do you use a screen protector?
Yes.

Should I? (Are these types of screens more durable than others?)
Your call. It's not a question with a one-size-fits-all answer. Yes, some screens are more durable than others. However, even Gorilla Glass isn't unscratchable.

What kind should I get?
What are your preferences? What features are you looking for, e.g: privacy filtering, smooth texture (no orange peel), matte finish, olephobic, etc?

Does it matter?
Absolutely. Not all screen protectors are equal.

And anything else you feel is relevant!
Don't overlook existing threads on the topic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non