Preparing phone to be sold. Tips?

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked Nexus One that's been rooted and runs the latest nightly build of cyanogen. I left tmo for sprint because sprint has better service, plus I am ready for a new phone.

I actually wanted the Evo 3D, but that isn't available until the 24th, so right now I have a regular evo 4G.

Sprint allows you to trade in your phone after 30 days and pay the difference, if any for the phone you are trading in. I switched to sprint early because they are offering $125 service credit if you do, but that promo ends a day before the evo 3D comes out, hence the trade up. Is there anything I should do, like reset the phone before I trade it in?

As for the Nexus One, I would like to do a full wipe and go back to stock, but maybe rooted. I've seen a used Nexus One go for $80 - 100 on eBay, I wonder if selling it rooted would make it stand out more. Or I could just load the latest stable cyanogen build?

Any thoughts?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would advertise the Nexus as a rooted and inform the buyer that you can return it to stock if they like. I don't think it would net you any more money rooted then not rooted, but it's less work for you to sell it as is. Just make sure to complete wipe the phone so no data is kept on the device. Same goes for the Evo 4G, wipe it clean.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you were buying a used car for your daughter, would you buy one with wheelie bars, bannana skins, and a reversed air cleaner??

No, I think not.

Put it back to bone stock, with original software.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is the air cleaner scented?

Od' 'de engine gunk and burnt rubber.... Whoooo Hooooo

Seriously tho, if I were to sell a phone, on like EBay, I would wipe that puppy clean, and get it back to stock. Considering used and stolen ph's are a dime a dozen these days, one in stock condition would garner a better price than one that's been, for example, rooted and oc'd. Maybe with an odd radio version. Bootloader, etc.

Or.... a photo of Heath Ledger on boot.....

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I intended to do a full wipe and factory reset as well as format the sd cards and revert the nexus to stock room.

I will also remember to take the sim out the nexus even though that account is deactivated.

Thanks for the replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana