System UID's inconsistent

Ralph Roach

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, good day to everyone. I am a new comer to this forum and I do hope that I can contribute in someway to this forum.
At present I am having a problem with my tablet. An alert message states that I need to I I need to swipe my data partition to ?void unstability.
How can I do this best? Thanks

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this over the weekend on my Nexus 7 and the only recovery that worked was to do a factory reset. That wouldn't even work from the settings menu - I had to boot into recovery mode and force it through that. What a pain having to completely rebuild.

I did a search on this issue and was unable to determine whether it was due to malware or some accidental corruption of the system. The popup I got on my Nexus was:

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".

It was this button aspect that led me to believe it was malware but I have no proof.

Dave

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you will find as I did that there is no fix other than a factory reset --

1. Turn off the device if it is turned on, and connect it via USB cable to your computer
2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power Button at the same time for about three to four seconds to turn the device on, if done correctly you?ll see an Android lying on its back.
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the Recovery Mode option, and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
4. The device will restart, and after a few minutes the device should boot to a screen showing an Android with a red triangle, press and hold the Power Button and Volume Up on this screen for about two seconds and let go to make the menu options appear
5. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
6. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Yes and press the Power Button to confirm your choice

windwhisper

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
thank you spark..
my device is roored so all i need is to boot into recovery. wipe data and factory reset.. i will need to backup properly before doing this.. starting over again is a big headache
but i really wonder is it a malware..it is strange
thank for your advice.. much appreciated

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

charlijbl

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
amigo mi problema creo que es mas serio, borr? todo de mi tabla android 4.0, pero todo, pues le d? formato tanto a la sd como a la memoria interna, ahora solo se queda en el mensaje android...... que puedo hacer, no logro instalar ni el recovery ni nada.....

tommmer

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ring on Virgin Mobile and I got the same "System UIDs Inconsistent" message. Do I do the factory reset from the settings menu? After doing the reset will I have a problem reactivating my phone with my carrier?

Richard Seif

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I found another solution.

have a look@ /data/system/uiderrors.txt
there you will find the apps, that are responsible for the trouble, delete them (manualy if necessary) and you are fine, reinstalling the apps brings the error back though.

siderbox

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
sparksd
That worked like a top untill I got to last menu.
When I was trying to use the volume down button, which does not work on my phone.
I haven't figured out how to hilite Wipe Data / Factory Reset.

Anyother ways to do this?

B Smith1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
there is a note at the bottom that reads "I'm Feeling Lucky." If you hit that I'm feeling lucky section, it will allow you to access your phone. I would then copy all of the notes and files that you need before thinking about wiping the phone.

Caroline Foramina

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem and I want to please help
I have CTAB700 a few days ago I deleted the data from the SD card and from that day there she redémare all alone once I clik to off and I power it again I find a plac written in ops:-\:-\:-\
System UIDs Inconsistent
UIDs on the system are inconsistent you need to Log wipe your data partition or your device Will Be unstable and written button
I'm feeling lucky and when I ésseyé to join it not function
so please please please help me :':)':)'(

vicnan01

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Ive tried this. Maybe im doing it wrong...I have the same problem with a Binatone Homesurf 742. When i do it, it comes back on with same System UID's inconsistent message, but it opens up files on computer....non of which i can see to reset. Please help

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
If this turns out to be an app-related problem, let us know if any of you figure out which app (or apps) might be responsible. I have to admit I'm always cautious when someone offers a solution and it's the first post this person has on this site. It could be a lurker who only signed up when he/she had something to offer, or it could be something to be concerned about.

bostongirl1984

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I"m having the same problem. I talked to tech support and they told me to clear my cache- I did so and nothing worked. I cannot lose my photos on my phone and I don't know how to download them off the computer without being being able to do anything on my phone. I keep getting the error message " Unfortunately, media storage has stopped" and The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. It keeps repeating this over and over and won't let me do anything on my phone.

HELP !!!

I need to download my pics to my computer so I do not lose them- they are too valuable.

wiwi muktiono

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I have problem, when I turn off my Samsung Note 3 and turn on again, there is masagge UID's system inconsistent, pls send me the best way to solve this problem. tks

Winston Churchill

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
P.S. I'm not a lurker or spamming apps lolol. I specifically joined to try help on this issue because having had it occur on two different devices nearly at the same time, I was tearing my hair out and I spent a long time researching and I stubbornly refused to accept that I ought to wipe data/factory reset (or worse) hehe. So, as I had success both times simply with Titanium, I do hope it can save some people a lot of worry and trouble. Interesting though isn't it that me and at least another user a few posts up BOTH seem to have Google as the culprit!! Could explain also why my errors appeared around the same time on two different devices (and two different OS: custom ROM JellyBean and KitKat) - perhaps and update? Who knows!

melpatterson00

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thats insane. I have 2 kitkat tablets and they both did this within 2 days of each other. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I power on the tablet and one will get stuck trying to come on and the other will make me put in a device password which i never had before. So neither will let me get to the home screen to do anything. The tablets were purchased for christmas so we havent had them for very long for them to be acting up. :-\

NEED HELP!!!

fredphoesh

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I found another solution.

have a look@ /data/system/uiderrors.txt
there you will find the apps, that are responsible for the trouble, delete them (manualy if necessary) and you are fine, reinstalling the apps brings the error back though.

Thanks! ES File Explorer was the problem on my system... but the larger problem I am trying to sort is random reboots several times a day which started only a couple of weeks ago (no idea why). Perhaps this ES Corruption thing will stop that, but I fear not, it's more likely the random reboots CAUSED the corruption rather than the other way round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress