Google Music - Shuffle Wonky?

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I'm listening to Google Play Music All Access (can we get a shorter name maybe?) on my browser, Firefox. I'm listening to an album. It's set to repeat, not shuffle. However, it is playing songs at random - does not pay any attention to the order of the songs. They're listed in the right order (track number) but they play randomly. Any suggestions? Haven't paid attention to know if this happens on other devices yet. Just noticed.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't shuffle if the first song I start playing is the last song is the last song on my playlist. It just starts at the beginning of the Plato st and after that it plays the songs in the order they are on my playlist. Not shuffled at all.

Nik Ivanov

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Music is bugged it appears when it comes to playing songs in order. If you search for "Google Music Playlist Order" you'll see how bad and widespread the issue is.

I have a Galaxy Nexus and while this isn't normally something that bugs me I recently put a few NIN albums on my phone and have been listening while driving. The fact that I cannot get them to play in order drives me absolutely batty. NIN albums in particular were carefully engineered to play in order and when Google decides to randomly shuffle the playlists (which appear to be built correctly) it is driving me insane now. I cannot figure out any way at all to play the music in order via a playlist.

Going through the library I can select an album and when I click to "Add to que" it gets added but the first song that plays is NEVER the first song in the album either. Some tracks are also out of order.

Whoever coded this "feature" needs to be fired. That being said it appears that some users are not having as much of a miserable experience with this app. Just my experience has been terrible thusfar. Hoping a future rev will fix the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress