Upgrade time

raw157

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

If this is not the right place for this, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

I have an upgrade available on big red tomorrow, and am really itching to use it. My issue is that I do not want to get rid of my unlimited data. I use my phone as a hotspot and do most of my Internet related school work on it. Where I work does not have wifi so when I work nights I have the opportunity to my school work. However most of it requires an Internet connection.

I am on a family plan with 3 other devices. My brother currently has the 2 gig/month package. If he goes into the store and uses my upgrade, will I be able to put a SIM card into the new phone and switch it over to my number? Then giving him his phone back with his SIM card?he has an S3 and I'm looking at an S4.

If there's another way around not losing my unlimited data, please let me know. I'm not against paying full price for the phone but don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Thanks
Raw

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Verizon then you don't have a SIM card that can be taken out of one device and used in another. From what I've heard, Verizon is trying to get subscribers off the unlimited data plans and onto their shared plans with capped data. I think the only way to keep unlimited is to not use your upgrade and pay off contract for a new device (or slightly used) and call Verizon to activate it.

If you decide to go the used route, be sure to check with the seller and possibly Verizon that the device is clear to activate.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

If this is not the right place for this, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

I have an upgrade available on big red tomorrow, and am really itching to use it. My issue is that I do not want to get rid of my unlimited data. I use my phone as a hotspot and do most of my Internet related school work on it. Where I work does not have wifi so when I work nights I have the opportunity to my school work. However most of it requires an Internet connection.

I am on a family plan with 3 other devices. My brother currently has the 2 gig/month package. If he goes into the store and uses my upgrade, will I be able to put a SIM card into the new phone and switch it over to my number? Then giving him his phone back with his SIM card?he has an S3 and I'm looking at an S4.

If there's another way around not losing my unlimited data, please let me know. I'm not against paying full price for the phone but don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Thanks
Raw

I didn't think Verizon used removable SIM cards. Whatever the case may be, there are so many threads about Verizon customers saying that in order to keep the unlimited data, you need to fuly purchase the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86