Dual boot windows and android on intel Lenovo K900?

Schulzey

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I'm interested if anyone knows if there is a way to run windows on the Lenovo k900? On these forums I've asked before about why there is no way to run desktop programs on mobile phones. The only thing I've been told in the way of this is the ARM processor. Now that Lenovo k900 has a intel atom processor, is there going to be some way to be able to dual boot the device to run full desktop programs in windows or is there going to be some driver issue with doing this? A dual boot with windows 8 when you need it and android when you need a telephone would be amazing. There shouldn't be any resolution problems for windows 8 as it's far above the 768 pixels required. I believe it's a 1080p display.

I realize this might be complicated but I would love to have a full pc and a full android telephone in one device. I have programs for work that would be benefited from being so portable.

Anyone who has any information would be so helpful. Thanks so much for any help!

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
There's probably no way you can do that.
Android devices are different from PCs.
Your device's internal hardware isn't designed to run a desktop OS like Windows, especially the memory storage.

Schulzey

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. No one else has an idea?

This phone has everything you need to run windows. An intel atom processor, plenty of ram at 2gb and plenty of processor speed at 2ghz quad core. Installing windows has nothing to do with this being an android device. It has the correct hardware so in my mind this should be no problem. I've seen people install Ubuntu on android mini pcs so I'm perplexed why the digital world didn't blow up when this phone came out. This is everything I've been waiting for. Full desktop hardware in a phone with efficient battery life. Correct me if I'm wrong but this just seems revolutionary and no one cares.

Schulzey

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't everyone want a portable pc that fits in your pocket that you can attach to any screen? I've wanted something like this since the day smartphones became popular. Looks like I'm going to have to start learning how to program and become better with computers so I can figure stuff like this out.

ScorpioT1000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about it too (i've already bought this phone, russia), we can for ex. install windows server 2012 or windows 8 pro on it (they have new tech features support), the problems are:
1. Drivers
1.1. drivers for Z2580 chipset devices (USB-SPH 2.0, Intel HD Audio I/O, micro SIM, power-saving technologies, power management)
ARK | Intel? Atom
1.2. GPU driver (PowerVR SGX 544 MP2)
1.3. driver for video output (mobile IPS LCD)
1.4. driver for multi-touch input (Proximity sensor)
1.5. network adapters drivers (HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS)
1.6. position drivers (GPS, A-GPS)
1.7. other miscellaneous drivers (front camera, back camera + back-illuminated sensor, light sensor, acceleration sensor, magnetic field sensor, orientation sensor, rotation vector sensor, FM, CPU virtualization, flashlight)
2. ROM and internal sd card structure, this is not public info
3. Boot loader architecture, BIOS class, info is not public too
4. Software for 1.7 (some of them available as open source projects)

I suggest to explore this information and add to this topic.

rromm

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I've googled this processor with win8.1 and found Ramos i9 and i10 (not pro) – so maybe we could find some Root for it?
I'm also interested in win8.1 x86 phone. (we can also google for another atom phones and win8.1 roots for the atoms of them)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11