LG G2 or Note 3?

oak25

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
WOW, I am going down to a t-mobile store in a few hours. I have to decide between both of these. Can anyone give me any advice? I am a senior in college and nearly all of my work is web based. I am away from the house for about 10-12 hours daily. I am 6 foot tall so I think the note wont be such a big deal as far as size. I am not a fan-boy by any stretch. I am coming from the iPhone 5. So yea... to most of you it is an easy choice but to me this is pretty tough. Input is welcomed!

oak25

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Good points. Do I NEED a larger screen, that could be argued. It would be nice. I have not had an SD Card since my HTC Hero. It was useful then, should be useful now.

The s-pen is the intriguing element to this. Is it actually useful? for productive things?

The moto x is a great phone but I have not seen them physically at a store. I would have to hold one in order to get a better feel for it.

Right now I am leaning towards the Note 3. The only thing I heard bad things about that phone is its camera. I dont think its a deal breaker though.

one last question... if i install the flash.apk will it just work? (adobe flash player)

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Good points. Do I NEED a larger screen, that could be argued. It would be nice. I have not had an SD Card since my HTC Hero. It was useful then, should be useful now.

The s-pen is the intriguing element to this. Is it actually useful? for productive things?

The moto x is a great phone but I have not seen them physically at a store. I would have to hold one in order to get a better feel for it.

Right now I am leaning towards the Note 3. The only thing I heard bad things about that phone is its camera. I dont think its a deal breaker though.

one last question... if i install the flash.apk will it just work? (adobe flash player)

I believe the biggest question for you is "How are you with the size?". The G2, HTC One, and S4 are still one handed phones if you have decent sized hands or at least for some operations even for small hands. The Note 3 is a two handed phone (unless you're LeBron James) all the way and if you can adjust to it everyone who has loves it. The Stylus is a little more hit and miss - some love it and some don't even take it out of the storage slot. With the Note 3 you probably don't need a separate 7" tablet (Nexus 7, etc.). That is a matter of taste. If you need/want micro SD, removable battery then the S4/N3 are the only choice because the other high end phones are all sealed (Moto X, G2, One). I wouldn't worry about the camera as it is the same module as the S4 and it gets very good reviews. Personally, I've had a G2 for about a week (Verizon version with 30% off with VERIZON30 discount) so I got it for $139.99. While I thought my S3 had a nice screen (never had the problem/bias against Amoled) and I always thought who needs 1080P on a phone but the G2 has a phenomenal screen and absolutely KILLS the S3 on battery life. The G2 or Note 3 are the phones to get for great battery life - personally I don't mind carry around a good external battery pack (hate opening up any phone) so the removable battery was a non-issue for me. With the S3 if I was going to be out and around for more than 8-10 hours I would have to carry the battery pack with me. With the G2 even with hard use I can get 14-16 hours and still have 10-20% left. On a light day (mostly WiFi) I will barely go through 40-50% in an 8-10 hour work day. Good luck - all are great phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38