Does Samsung Gallery scan my photos for content?

DMAndroidUser

May 29, 2023
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, and am trying to decide on an app to use for my photos.

I have read that Google Photos is now using AI to scan users' photos for content, including character recognition of written material in an image.

Does anyone know whether Samsung Gallery does that? I just want a photo management tool... I don't want my content analyzed. It would also be a bonus if the app could be configured to store everything locally on my phone, not in some cloud.

Thanks for any advice and information!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung gallery app certainly does analyze your photos but maybe not to the extent that Google apps does. That said, it does recognize people and things that are happening in the picture. You can tell by the Stories hit makes and also if you use the search function, type in something like "baseball" and it's smart enough to know which pics to show that have to do with baseball.

But, I think you opt into these things before it does it?

mb7b64

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
I'm also here eagerly waiting for updates on this thread. In my opinion, Samsung probably scans your gallery photos, but it's mostly for user-friendly purposes like categorizing and finding particular photos, say, from your last summer trip. Speaking of photos, especially when they're intended for important documents, it's crucial to have them done right. That's where services like https://photogov.com/ come into the picture. They provide an AI-powered solution that allows you to create an online passport photo directly from your phone, meeting the official requirements of over 96 countries for various government documents.

Last edited: