May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just get a nexus 4 or moto x. [inappropriate content deleted by moderator]

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The manufacturers are going to keep going bigger until the phones stop selling. If it sells them they will push the limit a little farther. I think though based on sales of the Mega I imagine they won't go much above 6.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The manufacturers are going to keep going bigger until the phones stop selling. If it sells them they will push the limit a little farther. I think though based on sales of the Mega I imagine they won't go much above 6.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

The Mega (based on specs) sucks. I compared the Specs and read reviews and all I could say was "why?!" The Note 2 is a much better phone than this Mega and has the S-Pen.

If the Mega had the same specs and features of the Note 3, I'd have jumped on it. Less memory and storage....no way.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that large phones are really in demand. I too don't like anything bigger than 4.7", my HTC One X is the biggest I'll get so the option will be a mini next time i guess.

The LG Optimus LTE (Nitro HD) was a phenomenal device to hold with its sweet backing, too bad ICS turned it into a lemon. Not only are phones getting bigger, theyre getting slippier to handle.

I bet the "big phone" fad will die in a year like the Harlem Shake did.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The Mega (based on specs) sucks. I compared the Specs and read reviews and all I could say was "why?!" The Note 2 is a much better phone than this Mega and has the S-Pen.

If the Mega had the same specs and features of the Note 3, I'd have jumped on it. Less memory and storage....no way.

Yea, the Mega isn't for me either! :cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Haha well I just bought a nexus 7 so I kind of went in the opposite direction. I think the S4 mini is perfect size I'm gonna wait until att comes out with it though because I want the LTE the international versions only come with hspa+

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Congrats on getting the N7, nice device. I have the N10 and love it. I also have the N4 so its a nice combo for me. That's the nice thing about Android - choice.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You're not taking ALL the facts into account, the Mega is several hundred dollars cheaper for some people the trade off is with it. If some folks just surf and read the Mega is plenty fine. I wanted multitasking,a pen and speed that's why I went with the Note.

I bet the "big phone" fad will die in a year like the Harlem Shake did.
You sound like those tech pundit that said the Note would fail miserably.
What I think is every manufacture will follow Samsung and have a small, med, large model of their flagship phone.

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you don't like the bigger phones don't get one, it's that simple. Had a Nokia 1020 and when you opened the text app and keyboard I couldn't even see the message I was replying to. Now I have the Note 3 and i can see so much more. And the funny thing is when you put the two phones together there is not much difference on size at all

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You're not taking ALL the facts into account, the Mega is several hundred dollars cheaper for some people the trade off is with it. If some folks just surf and read the Mega is plenty fine. I wanted multitasking,a pen and speed that's why I went with the Note.

Upon reflection, when I meant that the Mega sucks, I meant that the Mega would suck for me. Otherwise this goes back to my flip phone argument I used earlier in another thread. My mom would hate an iPhone, arguably the easiest device to use (one of the reasons they are so popular.) My mom just wants a *phone* and that's it. She won't even text...in fact, if the thing would have a rotary dial, so much the better...lmao. My point with the Mega is that I do not believe that the Mega's size is the only factor in why that phone may not be selling...when looking at the specs compared to a Note 2 (forget the 3...) the Mega would not be suitable for folks like us that actually use the S-Pen, as well as the other features that would lack in a phone like the Mega. Others may not even care and just want an entry-level phone that is good enough, and has a very nice size. But yes, I should have clarified that the Mega would suck for me... :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well your opinion ain't going nowhere.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Chill out dude! :what::eek:
Everyone has the right to have an opinion!
That's what we do in the forums; express our opinions. As long as we don't insult anybody, we should be alright. No need to make it personal against anyone. :thumbup::cool:

Knockmore10

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I prefer a smaller phone. Portability, ease of use with one hand and an element of discretion are what is important to me. The S4 mini was perfect for me in that regard. But I am not that into watching video on my phone that much so obviously your user case may be different.

What I will say is this. Of my personal acquaintances and friends who have switched to large screen devices, all of them have been happy with the move, and none of them would consider moving back to a smaller screen device.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and make sure that your language is appropriate. If you're using words that invoke the automatic language filter, it's not appropriate. If you don't care for the thread, then just move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then feel free to report it. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated.

I suggest that those participating take the opportunity to review the forum rules. Further violations of the forum rules may result in infractions and/or the closure of the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Get a Moto X. Don't make any assumptions about it based on the specs.

Totally agree with this as well. I have an iPhone 5S and the Moto X. The moto X battery life is amazing and the phone is barely larger than my iPhone.
I thought I would carry 2 devices all the time and have the best of both worlds. The iPhone is basically collecting dust at this point.
The Moto X is my fav android device ever. (although I DO like the S4 a bunch)

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I really have to check out the moto x since everyone is vowing for it. Thanks for the help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally got to play with a moto x yesterday and today! It feels good in the hand; not too big or too small.

Display looks really good, and the phone felt pretty fast too!
The camera is nothing to write home about... but I guess is good enough.

I still prefer my Galaxy S4 much, much better!!! :thumbup::cool:

ctowne

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm so tired of giant phones I can't comfortably use with 1 hand. The HTC one is my favorite phone but it's too big then they make a mini but lower the specs. I don't want an iPhone.

Will android ever make a 4.3-4.5 inch top of the line phone? I'm getting annoyed with these giant phones

Sent from my HTC One

This is what I've been saying for the past year!

And yes, the Moto X is my favorite phone by far. The size is much better than all the other flagship phones out there.