Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Default Re: Stop with the giant phones

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    You're not taking ALL the facts into account, the Mega is several hundred dollars cheaper for some people the trade off is with it. If some folks just surf and read the Mega is plenty fine. I wanted multitasking,a pen and speed that's why I went with the Note.
    Upon reflection, when I meant that the Mega sucks, I meant that the Mega would suck for me. Otherwise this goes back to my flip phone argument I used earlier in another thread. My mom would hate an iPhone, arguably the easiest device to use (one of the reasons they are so popular.) My mom just wants a *phone* and that's it. She won't even text...in fact, if the thing would have a rotary dial, so much the better...lmao. My point with the Mega is that I do not believe that the Mega's size is the only factor in why that phone may not be selling...when looking at the specs compared to a Note 2 (forget the 3...) the Mega would not be suitable for folks like us that actually use the S-Pen, as well as the other features that would lack in a phone like the Mega. Others may not even care and just want an entry-level phone that is good enough, and has a very nice size. But yes, I should have clarified that the Mega would suck for me...

Global Posts
    7,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post
    Well your opinion ain't going nowhere.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Chill out dude! :what:
    Everyone has the right to have an opinion!
    That's what we do in the forums; express our opinions. As long as we don't insult anybody, we should be alright. No need to make it personal against anyone. :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    DS1331 likes this.

I prefer a smaller phone. Portability, ease of use with one hand and an element of discretion are what is important to me. The S4 mini was perfect for me in that regard. But I am not that into watching video on my phone that much so obviously your user case may be different.

What I will say is this. Of my personal acquaintances and friends who have switched to large screen devices, all of them have been happy with the move, and none of them would consider moving back to a smaller screen device.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post
    Well your opinion ain't going nowhere.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Chill dude. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What does it matter if this opinion "ain't going anywhere"?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Keep the discussion civil and make sure that your language is appropriate. If you're using words that invoke the automatic language filter, it's not appropriate. If you don't care for the thread, then just move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then feel free to report it. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated.

I suggest that those participating take the opportunity to review the forum rules. Further violations of the forum rules may result in infractions and/or the closure of the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,654 Global Posts

Use this to compare the sizes: Visual Phone Size Comparison

Love the Moto X.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanked by:
    DS1331 

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Get a Moto X. Don't make any assumptions about it based on the specs.
    Totally agree with this as well. I have an iPhone 5S and the Moto X. The moto X battery life is amazing and the phone is barely larger than my iPhone.
    I thought I would carry 2 devices all the time and have the best of both worlds. The iPhone is basically collecting dust at this point.
    The Moto X is my fav android device ever. (although I DO like the S4 a bunch)
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 6+, Nokia 1520, 2014 Moto X, iPhone 6+, Note 4..
    Currently using 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & iPhone 6 64GB on AT&T
    Ry, STARGATE and Golfdriver97 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

I really have to check out the moto x since everyone is vowing for it. Thanks for the help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    7,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I finally got to play with a moto x yesterday and today! It feels good in the hand; not too big or too small.

Display looks really good, and the phone felt pretty fast too!
    The camera is nothing to write home about... but I guess is good enough.

I still prefer my Galaxy S4 much, much better!!! :thumbup:

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    I'm so tired of giant phones I can't comfortably use with 1 hand. The HTC one is my favorite phone but it's too big then they make a mini but lower the specs. I don't want an iPhone.

Will android ever make a 4.3-4.5 inch top of the line phone? I'm getting annoyed with these giant phones

Sent from my HTC One
    This is what I've been saying for the past year!

And yes, the Moto X is my favorite phone by far. The size is much better than all the other flagship phones out there.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock S6

Us girls have it easy, we can get a phone with a big screen, and then just put it in our purses when we don't want to carry it. :P

Honestly, I was a little worried about getting a Note3 at first because of my tiny hands, but I love it, and I can actually use it with one hand for 99.9% of things. But I get that such a large device isn't for everyone. Hopefully you find something that works for you OP; there have been a lot of helpful suggestions in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't think they will stop making large devices any time soon because of how useful they can be in so many different applications, so just stick with what you like.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition that delighted in anything ridiculous." - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.

I'm so tired of giant phones I can't comfortably use with 1 hand. The HTC one is my favorite phone but it's too big then they make a mini but lower the specs. I don't want an iPhone.

Will android ever make a 4.3-4.5 inch top of the line phone? I'm getting annoyed with these giant phones

Sent from my HTC One
    Try a Moto X. Same screen size, smaller frame.

I for one love big phones. I wish the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had Note 3 like specs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I wish the Galaxy Mega 6.3 had Note 3 like specs.
    Me too! If the thing can't fit into my pocket, then it's a tablet. I know the Mega could fit in my pocket, but that phone is for people who need something simple/affordable. The Round is supposed to have the same specs as the Note 3, but I'm good.

Trust me, you're young now, but after you hit 40 or so, your eyes don't let you read the smaller screens even with bifocals. Enjoy your smaller screens now while you can, but be glad that they CAN make large screens for those of us who are "over the hill."
    Thanked by:
    cg101, petaf and STARGATE like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stashsmom View Post
    Trust me, you're young now, but after you hit 40 or so, your eyes don't let you read the smaller screens even with bifocals. Enjoy your smaller screens now while you can, but be glad that they CAN make large screens for those of us who are "over the hill."
    I'm 40 and I've been visually impaired all my life, I still don't want a **** sized phone. Besides post-Gingerbread you can make fonts bigger and there are also font size apps in the store (I set mine to 140%).

I carry my phone in my pant pocket, my HTC One X is hitting the limit in size, any bigger than that and I'd have to go back to a holster. However the Moto X and Nexus 5 with larget screen seems to have a smaller frame real estate, otherwise "mini" versions are what I'll probably go for on my next upgrade.
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBug View Post
    I'm 40 and I've been visually impaired all my life, I still don't want a **** sized phone. Besides post-Gingerbread you can make fonts bigger and there are also font size apps in the store (I set mine to 140%).
    That makes reading a slight inconvenience when I want to read PDFs and/or Kindle books. I enjoy reading books without an e-reader/tablet and the Note 2/3 makes that possible without setting fonts to 200% larger.

I am nearing 40, and I do have most if not all of my vision left. However, stashsmom is right, vision will be an issue with me after 40. My sister is much older than I and she needs glasses for reading. I have to do what I can to prolong my vision as much as possible while making it convenient for me. I have big hands, or rather my hands are not tiny. (I'm not an orge...lmao.) If the phone can fit in my pocket, and the specs are good then I will use it. The market dictates that we get big phones, and people like myself want them.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,654 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stashsmom View Post
    Weird. Most people I know at that age have iPhones..
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    7,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Not any more! :thumbup:

UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    10,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Went to taco bell a couple weeks ago and saw an old couple probably in their 70s, both with an iPhone 4S :\

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Went to taco bell a couple weeks ago and saw an old couple probably in their 70s, both with an iPhone 4S :\
    Now THAT's hip!
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)

Global Posts
    7,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBug View Post
    Now THAT's hip!
    Lol! :rolleyes:

Banned

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

A phone is only big because of the bezel on the side and other parts of the phone. If phone makers made the bottom bezel smaller, then they wouldn't have this problem.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    A phone is only big because of the bezel on the side and other parts of the phone. If phone makers made the bottom bezel smaller, then they wouldn't have this problem.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile
    I completely agree and can't wait until they stop with the giant bezels

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Sent from my HTC One
    I don't think its the screen size that makes the HTC One feel big, the addition of those speakers make the device taller and the weird placement of buttons make the device seem larger. The power button should be on the side like the Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy phones.
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 

Global Posts
    7,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I don't think its the screen size that makes the HTC One feel big, the addition of those speakers make the device taller and the weird placement of buttons make the device seem larger. The power button should be on the side like the Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy phones.
    Yes, definitely agree! :thumbup:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast