When you upgrade from an old android to a new benchmark, does it really feel like an upgrade ?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Firstly dont get me wrong, I like Android and have nothing against it so no flame wars please. State your opinion but do so in a gentleman like manner.

Say you upgrade from a Samsung galaxy s2 to an s4...the user experience isn't so much better except for a few (imo) impractical features which I will hardly if ever use. At the end of the day the user experience is the same and it just does not feel like an upgrade, the leaks of the galaxy 5 are impressive with touch wiz having a DIFFERENT UI and so I say at least this is an improvement as it changes the user experience. Like wise with HTC sense 4 compared to sense 5 and 5.5 ,the UI is different and gives a new user experience.

What I'm trying to say is upgrading from my flagship droid of 2011 to this year's flagship droid does not really feel like an upgrade. It feels like my old phone with very minimal changes and not worth upgrading too (imo)

That is why I jump from platform to platform, os to os.

It's all pretty much the same user experience throughout the Android ecosystem, Apple is also very guilty of this but I do compliment them on ios7 as it was a considerably new user experience compared to ios6. Mainly due to the UI change and MAJOR improvements in multi tasking.

Let me here your comments and opinions wether you agree or disagree but please keep it civilised.