1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New phone!

OK guys, after thinking of switching to Windows and weighing the pros and cons I decided to stick with Android. Mostly because it's more powerful and with a better ecosystem. Plus ally services are Google. I picked up the LG Optimus f3. I'm liking it so far. Although I'm not a fan of the low resolution screen name. 480x800 used to be nice but now that's not so good. Although it's only a 4.0" screen so that helps. I'm really liking the LG UI

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Default Re: New phone!

Quote Originally Posted by stratct View Post
    OK guys, after thinking of switching to Windows and weighing the pros and cons I decided to stick with Android. Mostly because it's more powerful and with a better ecosystem. Plus ally services are Google. I picked up the LG Optimus f3. I'm liking it so far. Although I'm not a fan of the low resolution screen name. 480x800 used to be nice but now that's not so good. Although it's only a 4.0" screen so that helps. I'm really liking the LG UI

Why not a phone like a note 3?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I can't afford that. I have virgin mobile and with pre paid we have to pay full price for our phones

Should have gone with a Nexus 5, or a Moto G if you're looking to spend under $200.

If you're still in the return window, I advise you return it and pick up a Moto G.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I can't use either of those with virgin. I looked into it. This was my best option and it was on sale for $89

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's not a bad phone is it?

Is there any chance of getting ATT, T-Mobile or any of their MNVO option? Then you can use unlocked phones and have much more options.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

At some point. Right now it's all I can afford. I'm pretty happy with the Optimus f3 though. It's a bit better than my ZTE awe

why virgin mobile? just curious
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Cheapest. $35 a month for unlimited data and texting and 250 minutes

No, it's OK. It's basically a smaller version if the f7 which I have on Boost Mobile. The only real problem is the small internal storage but at least it has SD. I have a hydro which is smaller still. The lg phones are built a lot better in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Agree with mrsmumbles--the main limitation will be the fairly small internal storage. According to the specs, you only have 1.24 GB of Internal Storage available for app installation, so you might get the dreaded Low Memory warnings sooner rather than later. Review this guide to try to optimize your memory usage: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    Why not get a phone like a note 3?

Posted via Android Central App
    That's a stupid question to ask, that's like asking a homeless person why he doesn't "Just get a house".

It's not a bad phone at all for the price, quite a low-end budget phone but I'm sure you could squeeze some reasonable performance out of it.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

No phone is really a bad phone... I mean technology is advancing so fast, that by today's standard the S2, which was the best phone a mere couple of years ago, is now an out-dated phone...
    If you don't mind not having the best phone in the market, your phone is a pretty nice phone and I'm sure you'd get along with it just fine.