Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
What if I told you a company can have isolated pockets where it is the best carrier yet still be the worst on a nation wide scale?

Oh I know that! :sly:
But calling "isolated pockets"
All the towns and cities around the capital of NC isn't right.

I'm not defending Sprint, I would go to the company that offers me the best mix of service and prices. But Sprint is still better then TMo over all.

I'll most then likely jump ship to T-Mobile if they offer me at least the same price and coverage.
I'll see them when they get their act together around here.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know that! :sly:
But calling "isolated pockets"
All the towns and cities around the capital of NC isn't right.

I'm not defending Sprint, I would go to the company that offers me the best mix of service and prices. But Sprint is still better then TMo over all.

I'll most then likely jump ship to T-Mobile if they offer me at least the same price and coverage.
I'll see them when they get their act together around here.

Both by physical size and population, Sprint could the best in the entire state of NC and it would still be an isolated pocket relative to the rest of the country.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Both by physical size and population, Sprint could the best in the entire state of NC and it would still be an isolated pocket relative to the rest of the country.

LMAO!
Oh yea! This is such a small state. :rolleyes:
The thing is that all along I've been talking about my service with Sprint around here. If you guys didn't get that, well, too bad, not my fault. :D

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I remember saying "over all" and not one specific. Anyway, I have been talking about around where I live. Not the entire country. ��

Well, you say you're not being specific, then you say you're being specific ;)

Granted: Sprint may be "best," in your view, for your needs, in your area. But an unqualified "Sprint is still better then TMo over all" is provably false. For example: It certainly isn't "best," for my wife and I, over-all, or we'd still be with them. In fact: Now that I've had the opportunity to experience a new carrier, I'd have to say I cannot think of a single respect in which, for our purposes, Sprint is "best."

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LMAO!
Oh yea! This is such a small state. :rolleyes:
The thing is that all along I've been talking about my service with Sprint around here. If you guys didn't get that, well, too bad, not my fault. :D

Texas and California are pretty much the only two states I wouldn't consider an isolated pocket area-wise. NC is the 28th largest state by area, so most states are larger than it. It makes up approximately 1.4% of the area and 3.1% of the population of the country as a whole, so yes, I'd say isolated pocket is an accurate description. Nothing against North Carolina and if Sprint is good there, thats great, but its service in NC has very little to do with its service nation wide, which is what everyone but you was discussing.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, you say you're not being specific, then you say you're being specific ;)

Granted: Sprint may be "best," in your view, for your needs, in your area. But an unqualified "Sprint is still better then TMo over all" is provably false. For example: It certainly isn't "best," for my wife and I, over-all, or we'd still be with them. In fact: Now that I've had the opportunity to experience a new carrier, I'd have to say I cannot think of a single respect in which, for our purposes, Sprint is "best."

👍😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY