Sprint and T-Mobile to allegedly merge as SoftBank USA, full details leaked.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
"After multiple reports of a planned merger between Sprint and T-Mobile USA, more alleged details have reportedly emerged. The merger deal has been allegedly accepted, with the combined company to be named SoftBank USA — meaning, the T-Mobile and Sprint monikers would be history."

Continue reading here...

Sprint and T-Mobile to allegedly merge as SoftBank USA, full details leaked | Pocketnow

This is where I wish I had a contract so i can just Dip now and go back to AT&T

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope they just leave Tmo alone! They have been doing GREAT standing their own ground and working with what they got. I support Tmo! Long live the Tmo name and brand! However change your colors please! :)

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
NO NO NO. I do not like this idea AT ALL. I like the T mobile name. I like everything about them really. Even the bright pink stores which I thought looked too much like a cosmetics counter, have grown on me. I do not want this deal to go through. It would just be another big company resulting in less choice.

Posted via Android Central App

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
"Softbank USA?" Seriously?
rolleyes.gif

"Softbank" may be a good name for a wireless provider in Japan, but, here in the U.S., most people are going to look at that name and go "Say what?" Companies spend Big Buck$ on developing names and branding. Going with a name like that, here in the U.S., would be a good way for Masayoshi Son to shoot himself squarely in the foot.

Personally, with what Legere's been doing, I expect T-Mobile has very positive name recognition. But Deutsche Telekom may not be interested in letting Son use it in the U.S. "Sprint"...? Well, while the brand has attracted a lot of negative publicity, due to repeated misfires, I think it would still be a heckuva a lot better than "Softbank USA."

In fact, were I Son, I'd have to consider dropping "Softbank," which I expect means nothing to anybody outside of Japan, and making "Sprint" the name, internationally.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
"Softbank USA?" Seriously? http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/smilies/rolleyes.gif

"Softbank" may be a good name for a wireless provider in Japan, but, here in the U.S., most people are going to look at that name and go "Say what?" Companies spend Big Buck$ on developing names and branding. Going with a name like that, here in the U.S., would be a good way for Masayoshi Son to shoot himself squarely in the foot.

Personally, with what Legere's been doing, I expect T-Mobile has very positive name recognition. But Deutsche Telekom may not be interested in letting Son use it in the U.S. "Sprint"...? Well, while the brand has attracted a lot of negative publicity, due to repeated misfires, I think it would still be a heckuva a lot better than "Softbank USA."

In fact, were I Son, I'd have to consider dropping "Softbank," which I expect means nothing to anybody outside of Japan, and making "Sprint" the name, internationally.

Softbank for a phone company? That would be um.... STUPID

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
if need be, I'm ready to pay my eip off and go somewhere else. tmo/fcc & doj bet not sh** on me with this merger

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
"Softbank USA?" Seriously? http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Not only that, but the huge expense for new signage, new marketing, new employee clothing, remodeling of stores with new graphics/color, new advertising explaining this to customers...all that is not cheap at a time when money needs to be spent developing the network itself.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep.

I love what they are doing but thru do need to improve indoor coverage and speeds of their network.

Depends where you are. I've gone from seeing 30 Mbps to 50 around work now... Even hit 64 a few times... So it's improving :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Depends where you are. I've gone from seeing 30 Mbps to 50 around work now... Even hit 64 a few times... So it's improving :).

Yeah the 4g network is great when coverage is there, but indoors it sucks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the 4g network is great when coverage is there, but indoors it sucks

Sometimes.. I get great signal in the parking lot at work (30-45 Mbps) and drop to 1 bar of LTE inside since the building is a category 5 hurricane proof building but I can still pull 15-20 Mbps.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I still have ONLY 2G in my area of El Dorado, Arkansas!! WHAT THE F@#$ T-MOBILE!?!? IF THIS DOES GO THROUGH THEN THEY NEED TO STEP UP THERE GAME FOR THIS AREA ITS 2014 COME ON!!!!

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I still have ONLY 2G in my area of El Dorado, Arkansas!! WHAT THE F@#$ T-MOBILE!?!? IF THIS DOES GO THROUGH THEN THEY NEED TO STEP UP THERE GAME FOR THIS AREA ITS 2014 COME ON!!!!

Then wait for them to refarm their 2g to LTE, geez. A good chunk is going to happen this year and next.