is net neutrality a good or bad thing for the openness of the internet?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: will not having net neutrality affect what websites and apps we have access to?

What in the world does not having net mean? Sorry but I don't understand the question.

Deb from my Note 3

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What will Comcast do after 2018 when they don't have to follow by net neutrality rules?

What will Comcast do after 2018 when they don't have to follow by net neutrality rules?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What will Comcast do after 2018 when they don't have to follow by net neutrality rules?

Only they know.. They could do multiple things.

Either way the FCC may have new rules for the ISPs to follow by then.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: can costumers make a company change something?

Vote with your wallet.

This is the main reason we need open internet rules. If customers could vote with their wallet, an companies would be hesitent to do things that make consumers angry. However, in too many areas, there is no choice in internet. Where I am at, for example, there are two ISPs. One offers up to 50 Mbps speeds, the other tops out at 1.5 Mbps. So, if I want reasonable internet speeds, I only have one option. And I live in a fairly large market. The second company offers faster service in select areas of the metro area I'm in, but does not blanket the entire area like the first ISP does. I hate my ISP and would leave them in a hearbeat if I had even one other option for 20 Mbps+ speeds. I'm in one of the markets Google Fiber is considering entering, so I'm really hoping that happens. I'll leave my current ISP day one.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: What will Comcast do after 2018 when they don't have to follow by net neutrality rules?

This is what will happen in 2018;

Your corporate internet nightmare starts now | The Verge

If the service you want isn't offered by your ISP you are going to have to pay a lot money to access it at a usable speed. ISPs will offer their own services above all else. You might not even be able to perform Google searches on the basic internet package unless either you or Google pay the ISP for priority traffic on their network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty