Petition Google to require Stock Android

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok someone please write a petition to Google asking that they require manufactures to release a stock Android update.zip file for all Android OS phones. I started to write one but do not know enough about the GNU to know how to word this correctly without doing some research. If enough of us signed such a petition it might get Google's attention and put pressure on the manufactures.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
We have enough regulation right now, additional choking mechanisms are not needed. Goodness, what ever happened to free enterprise.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i agree i dont want to force the manufacturers to only use stock android but at least include the option to turn off their skin

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine any carrier would even entertain the idea, let alone agree to it. Why would they?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Sprint is going to provide stock Android so ALL it customers can use the wifi hotspot WITHOUT paying -- not gonna happen!

Tell ya what, if you wish a carrier did all these things that cut into profit why don't you start your own cellular company and try to avoid bankruptcy...

Brian

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
We are in a time when many people think the government is the answer to everything. What a shame. What a bunch of crooks to trust anything with.

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
A petition is nothing more than a bunch of people signing and saying.... Google this is what we would like to see... Nobody is forced into doing anything... and nobody said anything about the teether app take it out of stock that is fine... How would you like it if someone sold you a computer and told you it had to have Windows ME with a desktop theme you couldnt get rid of without installing more software to slow your system down... If we speak up and give our opinion we might get heard and possibly change something...

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Sprint is going to provide stock Android so ALL it customers can use the wifi hotspot WITHOUT paying -- not gonna happen!

Tell ya what, if you wish a carrier did all these things that cut into profit why don't you start your own cellular company and try to avoid bankruptcy...

Brian

+1!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to see Google require a stock option on every Android product. The Galaxy S phones have fantastic screens but I'd never consider buying one if that crappy "me too" TouchWhiz is the only option.

Sense is good enough that I wouldn't mind HTC getting a pass.

As long as it doesn't have Bing onboard, anyway.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok someone please write a petition to Google asking that they require manufactures to release a stock Android update.zip file for all Android OS phones. I started to write one but do not know enough about the GNU to know how to word this correctly without doing some research. If enough of us signed such a petition it might get Google's attention and put pressure on the manufactures.

You should apply to the Obama Regime, they would love that !!
It's such a "good" idea, it would have to be forced upon everyone....like the
rest of the Democrat's policies .. lol

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I know we're on a forum but when in the heck did this become about freaking politics. Please for the sake of all those here check that crap at the door because I for one don't feel like reading that garbage
but on the topic that's a horrible idea it wouldn't do any good hopefully the changes implemented in gingerbread will help out with some of these horrible skins I'm looking at you blur/ninja blur/Phil blur

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like that there is different skins by different manufacturers. Gives people more options to choose what they like. And I would imagine that its better for sales and competition. My friend has the DInc and I have the DX. And we both love our UIs.