what's up with people's perception of phone values?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been selling phones on eBay for years, and lately it seems people's perception of value on phones is crazy. If I list a phone with a best offer option, I keep getting these crazy low offers, where, for example, are you going to buy a one month old Nexus 5 32gb, with a wireless charger and spigen case for $150? I'll buy them all day long for that price. The same with my other items I had listed. I guess it's the old saying " it doesn't hurt to ask " lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer :)

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer :)

Maybe I should start trying this myself :) never thought of it that way, I guess that's why there are people selling their phones to "Gazelle" Have You ever seen the offers that they give on phones?, it makes me tear up a little LOL Just for the hell of it one day I went on Gazelle and put in my HTC One in "flawless" condition, (their condition category for a perfect condition phone with everything it came with) and it came back $141. Which would bring in about $260 - $280 on ebay in about 12 hours.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep you never know.

Some people just want that quick cash and flip the device. Especially those who flip devices for a hobby/quick cash. Sometimes holding out that extra few days for another $50 isn't worth it to some, especially in the case of eBay if they run over their initial time sale limit and have to pay extra seller fees.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s