Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Default what's up with people's perception of phone values?

I have been selling phones on eBay for years, and lately it seems people's perception of value on phones is crazy. If I list a phone with a best offer option, I keep getting these crazy low offers, where, for example, are you going to buy a one month old Nexus 5 32gb, with a wireless charger and spigen case for $150? I'll buy them all day long for that price. The same with my other items I had listed. I guess it's the old saying " it doesn't hurt to ask " lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: what's up with people's perception of phone values?

Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    LeoRex likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer
    Maybe I should start trying this myself never thought of it that way, I guess that's why there are people selling their phones to "Gazelle" Have You ever seen the offers that they give on phones?, it makes me tear up a little LOL Just for the hell of it one day I went on Gazelle and put in my HTC One in "flawless" condition, (their condition category for a perfect condition phone with everything it came with) and it came back $141. Which would bring in about $260 - $280 on ebay in about 12 hours.

Yep you never know.

Some people just want that quick cash and flip the device. Especially those who flip devices for a hobby/quick cash. Sometimes holding out that extra few days for another $50 isn't worth it to some, especially in the case of eBay if they run over their initial time sale limit and have to pay extra seller fees.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.