I have been selling phones on eBay for years, and lately it seems people's perception of value on phones is crazy. If I list a phone with a best offer option, I keep getting these crazy low offers, where, for example, are you going to buy a one month old Nexus 5 32gb, with a wireless charger and spigen case for $150? I'll buy them all day long for that price. The same with my other items I had listed. I guess it's the old saying " it doesn't hurt to ask " lol.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2014 07:16 AM
    Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer
    LeoRex likes this.
    05-20-2014 07:37 AM
    Naturally people are always going to try and low ball the price. You never know when there is a desperate seller that just wants to dump it and go and maybe willing to take that crazy offer
    Maybe I should start trying this myself never thought of it that way, I guess that's why there are people selling their phones to "Gazelle" Have You ever seen the offers that they give on phones?, it makes me tear up a little LOL Just for the hell of it one day I went on Gazelle and put in my HTC One in "flawless" condition, (their condition category for a perfect condition phone with everything it came with) and it came back $141. Which would bring in about $260 - $280 on ebay in about 12 hours.
    05-20-2014 07:51 AM
    Yep you never know.

Some people just want that quick cash and flip the device. Especially those who flip devices for a hobby/quick cash. Sometimes holding out that extra few days for another $50 isn't worth it to some, especially in the case of eBay if they run over their initial time sale limit and have to pay extra seller fees.
    05-20-2014 08:59 AM