Htc one m8 Xperia z2 nexus 5

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Basically I've got an iPhone 4s n I wanna come back now the htc one m8 looks spot on love sense and build quality plus htc advantage looks interesting but the camera is a concern and was looking at potentials if the camera is that bad. I hate Samsung so that's out of the question (the android ***** phone-cheap build **** UI and just generally despise them) had Sony before enjoyed the phones but update roll out was poor and the nexus 5 having no micro sd means I'm limited to 32gb (I have a fair amount of music n wouldn't mind taking pictures) so basically I thought I'd ask in here for opinions

Cheers

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah looked at g2 briefly as well but that odd back button thing and haven't looked into the UI those 3 were main consideration tbh

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone to your local carrier store and played with some of the devices? I would suggest doing that to get a feel for them.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah honestly it's the camera putting me off the one m8 right now have used previous One was just seeing if anyone had experience on here too coz it's 2yrs potentially with an on paper very poor camera possibly nexus 5 next then Sony but nexus 5 is older (still good specs tho) and Sony filled with bloat ware and don't know if the update roll out has been improved? (phone will be unlocked)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah honestly it's the camera putting me off the one m8 right now have used previous One was just seeing if anyone had experience on here too coz it's 2yrs potentially with an on paper very poor camera possibly nexus 5 next then Sony but nexus 5 is older (still good specs tho) and Sony filled with bloat ware and don't know if the update roll out has been improved? (phone will be unlocked)

So sounds like it's down to the Xperia Z2 or the Nexus 5.

I have both and like the Z2 alot better. that said the Nexus 5 is a great device and surprisingly takes great pictures and the performance is good (other than battery life.

I would opt for the Z2 but the choice is yours.

I have my money on you opting for the M8 lol

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know me too but the 4mp camera....sorry ultra pixel....4...

From what I have read it's actually not that bad and some tech reviews are saying it's better than the 816 13mgp and the one mini 2.

But it wont be on par with the Z2.

Decisions Decisions lol

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've heard that read loads of reviews I hate getting a new phone always a choice....is picking a phone because it's god damn sexy a valid reason?

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah sod it think am gonna go with the m8 see how it is n if I don't like the camera go with the z2 I think loved htc phones my first android was the hero n I owned original desire and one x n been happy with all of them (apart from the antenna problems I had with my first one x that htc had to fix)

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sod it think am gonna go with the m8 see how it is n if I don't like the camera go with the z2 I think loved htc phones my first android was the hero n I owned original desire and one x n been happy with all of them (apart from the antenna problems I had with my first one x that htc had to fix)

Sounds good!

carchayser

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If camera is a big concern, I would definitely narrow down my choice to either the Z2 or Nexus 5. The camera in the HTC One M7 was horrible and on the M8 there's no OIS so that's another step back.

Personally I would choose the N5 as it is usually the first one to get the latest Android version.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
And totally missed the huge camera thread on here (searching before posting is a must in future) seems like the camera is getting decent reviews without winning any prizes but still more than capable. Can I now turn this thread to my hatred of samsungs and ask why they're raved about when apart from features people are hardly going to use it gets rave reviews....poor build cheap feel and looks awful and the same. Pretty much every other top end phones beat it? The iPhones of the android world?

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just don't get it! Seems like the simple persons android phone I mean do a bit if research there are plenty better phones out there

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung do produce some great products the Note 3 for example.

The S5 is another failure to implement that change of design in an enforcing way.

I got fed up with the lack of attention to detail and the rushed products.

The Note line seems to be one that they are not going overkill with variants. This then seems to be the product that gets the most time and thought. The S5 should of been given the same treatment.

Samsung did try to change TouchWiz and make the S5 great (but aesthetics much as,some will be in denial, design does count).

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the note looks the best of the lineup if I had to have a Samsung but the S line of phones all look very similar and making phones for the sake of it rather than trying for the best I'm sure that if they do take an interest in design they could probably actually make something good (May change with next one after change of designer at Samsung but probably not)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989