T-mobile G2

jrms93

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
ok so i was browsing around on cnn.cn

and i found several peices for the tmobile g2, is this out yet or what? im sooo confused someone please tell me whats going on with the g2

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Even if they did release a G2 device in the US they cannot brand it the "G2" as gatorade already has copyright on the name..........and it tastes good too!:p

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
seriously thats nuts because i never even heard of a G2 but thats also because i have tried to close my mind to android devices being a crackberry member and all so i wouldnt have to see cooler phones then mine lol

tmartz#AC

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah one time i typed in, in google tmobile a few down the page there was the uk, and the germany tmobile site they have every phone like the bold, iphone, 8900,g1,g2 and it all on one company so many choices i wouldnt know what to do!

AndroidDuncan

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
It is amazing how a phone can be bought in nearly any country in the world as an unlocked GSM unit, and yet here in America we're at the mercy of the big four providers for most smartphones.

StevanK

Aug 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
It's Official Guys

The G2 is real and it is coming, it has not been released yet, but it will be soon. You heard it straight from the source, as I am a T-Mobile employee.

The T-Mobile G2 is coming and it is fast. Finally, the best of Google at the speeds you crave. Get EXCLUSIVE access at G2.T-Mobile.com

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The G2 is real and it is coming, it has not been released yet, but it will be soon. You heard it straight from the source, as I am a T-Mobile employee.

The T-Mobile G2 is coming and it is fast. Finally, the best of Google at the speeds you crave. Get EXCLUSIVE access at G2.T-Mobile.com

Hopefully you can answer this... is the G2 the same thing as the rumored MyTouch 3G HD? The teaser images have striking similarity...

And pleeeease tell me there's a QWERTY on it

Last edited:

StevanK

Aug 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hopefully you can answer this... is the G2 the same thing as the rumored MyTouch 3G HD? The teaser images have striking similarity...

No. The MyTouch series and the G1 series are two completely different series within T-Mobile's Android services. The MyTouch was the original phone within that series and the G1 was the original in it's series. The G1 was actually the first Android phone ever released. The MyTouch and the G1 have striking similarities because the MyTouch was inspired by the G1. So, I guess you could probably call them brother and sister.

Also, don't really believe much of what you see online, especially with images. A lot of them are fan made and a lot of them are rumors. Such as the images for the "T-Mobile G3" which look like a Android version of the iPhone. (Which are totally fake, we have no information at this time about a T-Mobile G3). Only a select few of the images out there for the G2 are real images, unfortunately I am not allowed to post them on here, but I'm sure someone else will. It's not that you're not allowed to see it yet, it's just because it could jeopardize my job because of the fact that T-Mobile hasn't actually OFFICIALLY released it yet.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
No. The MyTouch series and the G1 series are two completely different series within T-Mobile's Android services. The MyTouch was the original phone within that series and the G1 was the original in it's series. The G1 was actually the first Android phone ever released. The MyTouch and the G1 have striking similarities because the MyTouch was inspired by the G1. So, I guess you could probably call them brother and sister.

Also, don't really believe much of what you see online, especially with images. A lot of them are fan made and a lot of them are rumors. Such as the images for the "T-Mobile G3" which look like a Android version of the iPhone. (Which are totally fake, we have no information at this time about a T-Mobile G3). Only a select few of the images out there for the G2 are real images, unfortunately I am not allowed to post them on here, but I'm sure someone else will. It's not that you're not allowed to see it yet, it's just because it could jeopardize my job because of the fact that T-Mobile hasn't actually OFFICIALLY released it yet.

Lol, well I know the G1 was the first Android phone... I'm still using the one I got in October '08 :D.

And I know you'll lose your job if you leak out images... but *please* tell me it's got a keyboard. In fact, *please* tell me it's the exact same keyboard as the G1. I'm getting an Epic 4G, but I'll have a one-month testing period, and I'm looking for any excuse to stay on my loyalty plan at T-Mobile. HSPA+ and a hardware keyboard might be enough to keep me around...

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I dont know why everyone wants this to have the G1 keyboard, because in my opinion, the G1 (that I've owned since launch) keyboard sucks. Its too flat uncomfortable.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I dont know why everyone wants this to have the G1 keyboard, because in my opinion, the G1 (that I've owned since launch) keyboard sucks. Its too flat uncomfortable.

Ohhhh man. 5 rows. Independent keys. Domed (could be domed more... only complaint). Dedicated Menu key (for cut, copy, paste). Shift and Alt on both sides. Every single symbol you could need. Dedicated @ button.

I'm not saying I still want that r-tarded chin, but the keyboard.... oh God that is an amazing keyboard.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
No more blurrycam

What doesn't make me a happy little boy:
- Only 4 rows of keys
- If it's only a 1GHz Snapdragon then I'll be very sad. That is soooo outdated... it was cool in January, now it's just sad.
- The massive distance between the bottom of the screen and the bottom of the phone
- The bezel around the keyboard appears to be the same height as the keys themselves, which will suck for the top row because it's so close to the bottom of the screen

What does make me a happy little boy:
- The slide mechanism looks really cool with the little lift
- It's THIN!!!! Look at the pic where it's barely thicker than an iPhone 3GS
- Optical trackpad. Why the Epic doesn't have an optical pad, I will never understand.
- Camera flash

Last edited: