Tethering

1adam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggling to get either mine or my girlfriend's Nexus 5's to tether to either of our Windows 7 laptops. They both connect, show internet access in the task tray, but no pages in the browser will load.

Here's where it gets strange however, both our phones tether and work fully on my girlfriend's HP Chromebook 14.

So it's something to do with Windows 7. We are on Three UK network with unlimited 4G.

Any clues?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling to get either mine or my girlfriend's Nexus 5's to tether to either of our Windows 7 laptops. They both connect, show internet access in the task tray, but no pages in the browser will load.

Here's where it gets strange however, both our phones tether and work fully on my girlfriend's HP Chromebook 14.

So it's something to do with Windows 7. We are on Three UK network with unlimited 4G.

Any clues?

If everything works fine on other devices then it's likely Windows 7, or a setting with that particular device. Reboot both devices around try tethering. Let us know how it goes.

1adam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If everything works fine on other devices then it's likely Windows 7, or a setting with that particular device. Reboot both devices around try tethering. Let us know how it goes.

I've been trying for months and have rebooted lots. It's two Nexus 5's not working on two Win 7 laptops. Must be something in Win 7 config? Those laptops work fine on normal WiFi routers and do show connection to my tether but pages just won't load as if I'm offline.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying for months and have rebooted lots. It's two Nexus 5's not working on two Win 7 laptops. Must be something in Win 7 config? Those laptops work fine on normal WiFi routers and do show connection to my tether but pages just won't load as if I'm offline.

It definitely sounds like a configuration problem on Windows rather than both devices.