Moving from Windows Phone to Android

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
WOrk apps not available to WP8 forcing me to switch.

My main issue is the calendars. I have really been integrated into Outlook and have created several sub calendars. My contacts have been mostly Outlook now. What is the best calendar app for Outlook calendar and contract sync?

I have an Asus android tablet and the calendar there only synced the Gmail one.

I tried Sunrise, but it it wont sync my other Outlook sub calendars, just my main one.

THanks!

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried the Microsoft Outlook preview, sync is working perfect for me across family room and work calendars I had. Welcome to android where MS apps work better than wp!

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You must've synced it incorrectly, because my stock Android calendar synced my Outlook calender just fine.

Must be the ASUS Calendar on my tablet then. It doesn't have an option to add an outlook calendar, just a "corporate" account running exchange.

I downloaded the Stock Google Calendar and it doesn't have any of my subcalendars.

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the Microsoft Outlook preview, sync is working perfect for me across family room and work calendars I had. Welcome to android where MS apps work better than wp!

Yes but it doesn't even have a month view. And it doesn't sync any google calendar events.

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I moved to Android more than 3 months ago and yes overall Android is better, specially if you have a Note 4, but compared to my previous WP my new Android is short in some things that I miss from WP.

Posted via the Android Central App

upmyway 2015

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 Android devices and one Lumia 830 (WP8.1) and the way to reach Android for WPhone is still long. Even creating app and compiling them is much more painfull in Visual Studio compared to Android Studio. But WP8.1 is making progress, let's see in what WP10 will bring...