Newbie question - Android OTA updates to factory unlocked phones?

TheLambeauLeap

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a factory unlocked Galaxy Note 5 which I would use on a mobile share AT&T network.

While I would not expect to receive AT&T's OTA Android updates, would my phone still be able to receive OTA updates for new Android updates?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a factory unlocked Galaxy Note 5 which I would use on a mobile share AT&T network.

While I would not expect to receive AT&T's OTA Android updates, would my phone still be able to receive OTA updates for new Android updates?
Yes, you will receive updates from Samsung via AT&T. You can also download and install Kies onto your desktop computer and connect the phone to see if updates are available.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you will receive updates from Samsung via AT&T. You can also download and install Kies onto your desktop computer and connect the phone to see if updates are available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress