Do you worry about damage to your phone?

D_Junior

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Do you? I'm a bit of an OCD freak when it comes to phones, I kept changing phone cases and it chipped the metal on my s6 on the back (it's very minor, but still bugs me)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not since I put it into an Otterbox Defender. I've dropped it a few times (once screen-down) and haven't had any problem.

My wife is in the hospital and has a problem holding hers, so I put my damaged case (it won't clip into the holster properly any more, so they replaced it) on her phone for now.

It's a big case, it's not cheap (around $50), but if you can throw a phone against a sheetrock wall (Accident - don't ask) without damaging anything - even the wall - it's worth it. (Lifeproof cases are just as good - and waterproof.)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not really. I'm pretty careful with my devices and I use tempered glass screen protector and a good drop protection case when I go out (slim case around the house). I also put my phone in Ziploc bags when I go to the beach.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
No, I don't care, I just see them as tools/portals/devices, there are more important things I value in my life than a device. I got the thinnest case made for my G4, it's already too big for me and this is all it's going to get. I've dropped it a bunch of times and it's still ticking. If I break the phone I'll just get a new one, hopefully the new models will be out if that happens.

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
As long as the phone's exterior is well and not bended or something like that.
I'm using a good tough case with tempered glass. So my worries should be less.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Not since I put it into an Otterbox Defender. I've dropped it a few times (once screen-down) and haven't had any problem.

My wife is in the hospital and has a problem holding hers, so I put my damaged case (it won't clip into the holster properly any more, so they replaced it) on her phone for now.

It's a big case, it's not cheap (around $50), but if you can throw a phone against a sheetrock wall (Accident - don't ask) without damaging anything - even the wall - it's worth it. (Lifeproof cases are just as good - and waterproof.)
I use an otterbox defender as well for my LG G3... Very useful! Dropped one time my phone on concrete... Nothing happens. If I have the phone without... I could have a cracked display or scratches on the phone.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Totally. As with everything I buy, I try my best to look after my things as much as possible.

I use a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit case as demonstrated here on a Nexus 5 https://youtu.be/KY9Svj9fYVg (a bit extreme maybe but worth a watch), then carried in a phone sock whilst in my pocket.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! My mom always teases me about it; saying that she hopes I deliver the same kind of care to my future children, when I have them (years from now, of course - I am still a kid myself :p). But the way I see it: I spend hard-earned money on phones - I might as well take care of my investment. I start off with cases and then, after a month or so, grab a screen protector to ensure further protection. I rarely drop my phones; and when I do, I freak out. People will see me analyzing my phone for scratches; and yeah, it's a little obsessive... But again, this phone represents hours of hard work at my job, and so I want to keep it functioning and in good condition. Taking care of your technological devices is never a bad thing: you're protecting your investment and if you resell your phones, you know that their almost-pristine condition will result in better resale value.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely... I take care of all my things. I work too dam hard for what little $$ I have. a $600-700 phone is nothing to sneeze at. Now that I think about it, its the most expensive thing on my person that I carry every day. Second would be my platinum wedding band that was around $500... IIRC.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how people function without a case or screen protector. For me, that's playing with fire. With every new phone I get, I always get those things just to be on the safe side. Sometimes things happen, but I would rather not have a cracked screen or a very messed up body.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my S5 for 1 year without any casing. Dropped several times but no visible damage.

Idk if i should use a casing for my future S6 edge ( if i get it). I really wanted to feel the "premium" but afraid of getting scratches or shatters on it.

Posted with ❤Love❤

crownybest

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't mind some scratches on the back and sides. Scratches on the screen bother me, however I never use a screen protector and I don't remember the last phone that got a scratch on the screen

Zombies8MyGf

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
No. Just use a good phone case protector. Unless you're using it on a job like construction, etc. You'll be fine. Ever since iPhone first came out until now with my droid I've never damaged a phone. I never fall for the phone insurance scam.

Posted via Android Central App

clownFaceProd

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Not really, no case here, just a screen protector. I keep constant backups of my data, and my phone was used to begin with so if something happens, I'll just grab another on Swappa.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't worry about damage; no extra case, no screen protector.
I don't drop it or spill on it.
I don't lend it to others.
I certainly don't let little kids play with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty