Hypothetical Situation: Android OS Updates vs. Security Updates

Updated security patch on older OS -or- Current OS with older security patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Marshmallow on the JUNE patch :p hehe (Come on Sammy/T-Mo, you were doing so well! You still have time, release the darn patch already!)

That's a tough one, though... Features VS security. Why can't we have it all? :( (with non-Nexus devices, of course).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll go for the security patch, since some people's phones apparently explode after system upgrades. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
We keep buying them and making them millions and keep drooling over their devices... so obviously it IS quite acceptable. We complain, yes, but we still buy. :(

At least they've gotten better. With newer devices. Until the next 'new thing' comes out. And initial sales reports are done. #bummer

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I don't think both of them are acceptable.
But, if I have to choose one, I would go with the newer security patches. And I ain't any celebrity or a high profile person. :p
I can understand why most would go with the newer OS. If you look at those security bulletins, those are not something which are highly exploited in the wild. All those new features are of more first hand importance to a lay man rather than say some boring security patches.
Don't get me wrong, I do care for both newer features and security and that's one of the reason that I use a Nexus!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Security updates, hands down. I'd rather have a phone that was secure than a super slick, new OS that was lacking in stability.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non