Ready for an upgrade

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an S4 and it is starting to glitch and such. So I guess it is time to upgrade to the current generations. I have been looking into the Galaxy S7 and HTC one A9. Opinions on these or alternatives are welcome. O0nline prices on the A9 are about $400 less than the S7. Is it just because of popularity or is the S7 actually a better phone? Any known problems with either one? Thanks for the info!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I think the S7 is a safe bet. What do you really care about the most in phones though? What are your top things?

I was considering the A9 myself, but I dropped it when I couldn't find the color I wanted for the right price.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally I have a Nexus 6. Coming from an HTC M8, the Nexus 6 is the best phone I have owned. So personally, that would be my suggestion.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the S7 is a safe bet. What do you really care about the most in phones though? What are your top things?
I was considering the A9 myself, but I dropped it when I couldn't find the color I wanted for the right price.
32gb on board minimum...SD card 64gb...dont much care about color. I am going to go through ebay for the purchase as they seem to be the best on average.
Personally I have a Nexus 6. Coming from an HTC M8, the Nexus 6 is the best phone I have owned. So personally, that would be my suggestion.
Ill check Nexus out. I've played with their tablets and was pleased with the performance. Thanks!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is also a really good choice, as another user has stated above. The A9 is a good phone too - I would watch some unboxing videos and try to see which one would best benefit you during your day to day life. If you think the A9 can do that, go for it!

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The A9 was an excellent phone that was WAY overpriced. I just checked Google Shopping and the prices for new ones are $350 to $450, used ones around $300. I still think that's too much for that phone. You can get a NIB 128GB Nexus 6P on Amazon for $450 (via Slickdeals).

As for which is better, an A9 for $300 or an S7 for $450, well, the S7 is the better device BUT the difference isn't as vast as it once was. It's a matter of whether or not you think the increased performance (speed, camera, display, etc) is worth the extra $150. That's a harder question to solve and I can't help you there... my wife has an S7, so I can give my opinions on that, but I've never had hands on an A9, so I can't draw any useful comparison.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Watched videos on all of the new phones available dicovered HTC 10 is usable on AT&T even though they don't carry it. So I finished with a tie between the Samsung S7 and HTC 10. They both were great flagship phones in their own respects. I decided to go with the HTC 10 even though it was a little more than I wanted to spend. The free one year UHOH, $100 off, and seeing torture/performance videos I was sold. The glass back on the S7 was the main deal breaker. The only thing the S7 seemed to have better was picture quality and that isn't important for my usage. The Samsung group will argue about the processor is inferior but most of the benchmark tests were fairly even. Now waiting for the phone to ship which I've read can take a few days.

Drop bend and scratch torture tests really were the impressive point. 32 drops on the screen before it was unusable. S7 was dead on the first hit. Both passed the bend test but the water resistant S7s seal was compromised. A bunch of other vids did pretty much the same. I know results may vary depending personal usage. I figure that means it will last longer when you actually take care of your stuff.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an S4 and it is starting to glitch and such. So I guess it is time to upgrade to the current generations. I have been looking into the Galaxy S7 and HTC one A9. Opinions on these or alternatives are welcome. O0nline prices on the A9 are about $400 less than the S7. Is it just because of popularity or is the S7 actually a better phone? Any known problems with either one? Thanks for the info!
Forget the regular S7, go straight to the S7 Edge with 5.5inch dual curved display and huge 3600mAh battery, it is by far the most complete smartphone around with that huge battery and large (yet not TOO large display).

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you made your pick.

HTC 10 is fantastic, highly underrated, IMO.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Forget the regular S7, go straight to the S7 Edge with 5.5inch dual curved display and huge 3600mAh battery, it is by far the most complete smartphone around with that huge battery and large (yet not TOO large display).

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you made your pick.

HTC 10 is fantastic, highly underrated, IMO.

Yep received it today. Seems like a knockout so far. I need a new sim card so only using it on wifi at the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty