The Android world is a big mess right now

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not to be too contrary, but I'd hold up the mate 9 as one of the best examples of the mess, but my view of the mess is very different than a spec sheet.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a "big mess"... Quite the opposite actually in terms of hardware. Manufacturers are all copy-ing each other and no one is doing anything unique anymore to stand out of the crowd.
>Removable batteries = gone
>Service-ability = gone (with water resistance taking over)
>FM tuner = gone
>IR blaster remote = gone
>Dual SIM = never seemed to catch on
>Wireless charging = slowly going away
>Removable, customizable case-backs = gone
>Headphone jack = hopefully won't totally die out
>Front facing / stereo speakers = hopefully won't totally die out
>SD expansion slot = Hopefully wont go away any time soon

As far as hardware features, Apple is the worst offender of them all. I don't see how anyone could consider an iPhone anything remotely "complete". I could easily rattle off a dozen missing design elements (hardware and software) from even the highest $$$ flagship iPhone.

My Note 7 felt like the most feature complete phone and wish I still had it. I am currently on the Moto Z Force Droid as my daily driver, with a Pixel XL and an iPhone 7+ as other options here at work. I like the Pixel's speed but oddly, I've had more bad photos with it than my Moto Z Force, despite the slowness on the Moto. And I just can't bring myself to use an iPhone. Just can't.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty