Amazon.com order now delayed until October

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon.com on July 26th at 9:15am. This is the communication I've received:

July 26th: Unknown Ship Date
August 3rd: Estimated Arrival: August 21st
August 6th: Nevermind, Unknown Ship Date again!
August 8th: Estimated Arrival: October 17th to 30th

Are you kidding! lol

I went ahead and ordered one on Google Play just in case...despite the fact that unlike Amazon, I have to pay for tax and shipping...it's just an extra $6 and if it comes even a week earlier, it's worth it. Now I wish I would have ordered one from both stores from the beginning...I want at LEAST 2 of these things eventually...

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...

It's quite amazing that Google under estimated the desire for this item...

Everyone is backordered,,,, I ordered mine from Google Play on the morning of the 26th... and the current update states "ships by Aug 16".

On the otherhand.... outside of the current capabilities, no additional software has been released. Which kind of surprises me.

anyway, I was lucky enough to have been able to get one from Best Buy around the 31th.

I love it... Just wish more software was available.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...

It's quite amazing that Google under estimated the desire for this item...

Everyone is backordered,,,, I ordered mine from Google Play on the morning of the 26th... and the current update states "ships by Aug 16".

On the otherhand.... outside of the current capabilities, no additional software has been released. Which kind of surprises me.

anyway, I was lucky enough to have been able to get one from Best Buy around the 31th.

I love it... Just wish more software was available.

Wow so you ordered yours the same morning I did and you're still showing shipment next week...looks like I may have barely missed some cutoff point. Damn!

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to do the same thing and double up on my order with Google Play then! If anyone ordered it with Google, did you get charged, or like Amazon, not charged yet until shipped?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to do the same thing and double up on my order with Google Play then! If anyone ordered it with Google, did you get charged, or like Amazon, not charged yet until shipped?

Google doesn't charge till it is ready to ship.

There's an authorization pending on my CC for $41.44 - from my purchase on the Google Play store today. I assume they will keep that as an authorization and it won't actually clear until it ships.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Well that's great news - no update yet though! Still seeing: "DELIVERY ESTIMATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2013 - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2013 BY 8:00PM"

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Earlier today, you received an email indicating an incorrect estimated order delivery of late October. We are actively fulfilling orders weekly based on customer order date and all customers who placed orders prior to August 7 should receive their orders in the coming weeks and into mid-September. We will notify you as soon as your item ships and apologize for the confusion.

We hope to see you again soon!

Amazon.com

dtommyd

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...

It's quite amazing that Google under estimated the desire for this item....
By underestimated do you mean dropped the ball? Or is clueless when it comes to manufacturing? By the time I get it in October this thing will either be obsolete or something better will be out. I usually don't check ebay prices for a product I don't have yet.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
:) Check your local Best Buy. I walked into my local Best Buy and asked if they have one in stock. (The website said they didn't.)
They looked and they had 1 left so I bought it! They even had the netflix promo on the receipt!:D

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Well that's great news - no update yet though! Still seeing: "DELIVERY ESTIMATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2013 - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2013 BY 8:00PM"

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Earlier today, you received an email indicating an incorrect estimated order delivery of late October. We are actively fulfilling orders weekly based on customer order date and all customers who placed orders prior to August 7 should receive their orders in the coming weeks and into mid-September. We will notify you as soon as your item ships and apologize for the confusion.

We hope to see you again soon!

Amazon.com

Well...almost a week later and my order status still says the same thing. October 17th through 30th. I'd figured they would have at least updated that to a more accurate (hopefully!) date by now.

Meanwhile my Chromecast backup plan, which I purchased from Google Play on August 8th, says it ships by August 29th...

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Still no update! I'm thinking of trying Best Buy again as it seems to show them in stock at 2 stores near me...then I could cancel these orders lol

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
By underestimated do you mean dropped the ball? Or is clueless when it comes to manufacturing? By the time I get it in October this thing will either be obsolete or something better will be out. I usually don't check ebay prices for a product I don't have yet.

I know technology moves fast but obsolete in 3 months? C'mon man, we here in Canada can't even "officially" buy it yet. They're still supposedly going to roll it out here as well. With the SDK for this thing it won't be obsolete anytime soon.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Chromecast ordered July 26th from Amazon.com: Still shows estimate of October 17th through 30th.

Chromecast ordered August 8th from Google Play: Just shipped, estimated arrival date of Tuesday, September 3rd.

Chromecast attempt at Best Buy last week: "Sorry we literally just sold the last one 10 seconds ago."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38