TV won't detect Chrome-cast even though HDMI works with everything else, please help

Javy-Air

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought the ChromeCast and it works perfectly with my living room Television. I initially purchased it for my bedroom. When I tried connecting it to my bedroom television it detected it for maybe 3 seconds then the screen says NO SIGNAL. At first I thought it might be my HDMI but I plugged in my Xbox, my iphone (via HDMI adapter), and a DVD player, they all worked perfectly so I knew It could not be the HDMI. The weird thing is that it connects perfectly with my living room Television. They are both Samsung TV's and I called both Samsung and Google and neither could really figure out what the problem was. Samsung said if HDMI works with other devices then that the problem isn't with the TV, that it was probably the device. Google said that if the device works with the living room TV and not the Bedroom TV that the problem isn't with the device and that its probably the TV. Now I was just left confused and I can't watch the TV in my bedroom. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this problem?

Javy-Air

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
in the living room TV I use the USB Power Supply on the TV, it works fine......in my bedroom TV I have tried using the TV USM port and I have also tried powering it up through the outlet, neither work.

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The Chromecast's housing is thick enough to prevent proper seating of the HDMI plug on some tv's. Try using the HDMI extension that came with the Chromecast, which has a smaller housing around the plug

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Puzzling, I'd search to see if the TV model you have in your bedroom has an issue with inconsistent connections to HDMI devices, but I don't know what could be done about it.

in the living room TV I use the USB Power Supply on the TV, it works fine......in my bedroom TV I have tried using the TV USM port and I have also tried powering it up through the outlet, neither work.
Just to confirm that there is no issue with the power supply that came with the Chromecast, I suggest making sure it works with that power supply on your living room TV, even though you don't need it there since that TV's USB power works well. If the Chromecast's power supply also works on the living room TV, you can at least dismiss it as a possible cause of the problem on the bedroom TV.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How many HDMI inputs does your bedroom TV have? If more than one, have you tried all of them? Maybe there's an issue with that particular HDMI input.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The only logical reason is that its the TV personally if it works on your other maybe there something wrong with the TV or its just some weird incompatibility chromecast are ur two Samsung TVs identical?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or Moto G

Javy-Air

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I just tried that, unfortunately it didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

It has two and it works in neither. Both start up for about 3 seconds loose signal

no they are both different tv's

Model Code: UN26D4003

Last edited by a moderator:

triolight

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Javy. This is a chromecast bug. It is happening with me as well and it started after one of the firmware updates.
This is how i solved (PARTIALLY): connected first the usb port. When CC led stops blinking and stays white you connect the hdmi port.

susanoo26

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
triolight thanks, your advice worked great. I also found that you have to go through the reinstall process again. and it will run the exe file and find the CC. Also, I had the CC make a copy of my network (i.e. nextwork2) and it jumped on that.

deephousenyc

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
The same thing is happening with my Olevia tv. I'm trying to follow triolights instructions but when I plug in the USB power the white light never stops blinking. How do you get the CC white light to stop blinking?

deephousenyc

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I managed to get the white light to stop blinking (I ran the chromecast app with my Ipad and went through the steps). My I pad recognizes the CC but I still get "no signal" when I connect the HDMI. My TV is an older Olevia with only one HDMI input.

triolight

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Google site says:
"If you saw your Chromecast's loading screen ("Chromecast" with a spinning Chrome logo) but the home screen is black, you could be experiencing an HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) with your TV. This issue is easily fixed by rebooting your TV. Turn your TV off, unplug it, turn everything back on and try again."

Amelie Neptune

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i face the same problem few days ago, after several tries i finally got it back.

I turned on the TV which is Samsung, and i unplug it without turning it off. Then i waited few minutes and i plug in it back. I plug the chromecast to the HDMI slot and it finally worked. However i had to configure it again

Garrett Clark1

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm dealing with the same issue. I recently purchased a new Element LED with 3 HDMI ports, all of which I have tested with no success. My Samsung in the living room has no issues with Chromecast. I will try a couple of the suggestions above when I get home this evening to see if anything works. In the mean time, has anyone discovered a solid solution to this issue in the past two months?

Luc De Roover

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
chrome cast is just another chinese product ,
works if you are lucky,but most people will loose hours and hours
trying to install this crap.There isn't even a guiding-paper in the box ?
I bought 2 ...lost 3 hours .....and threw them in the bin .
This is the last minute i will loose on it .
No need to replu.

Jessica Luna

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey Everyone! I have a 24" Element LED HDTV that I plugged my CC into and l was getting the No Signal display and I tried the few suggestions listed to no avail. I then got my CC to display on my TV by connecting the CC usb straight into my USB on my TV.
Hope this helps!
HAVE A GREAT ONE!
J LuNa-ANdeRsoN! ( ! ♡ eR!c)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch