Does chromecast work well enough to base my new tablet purchase on its support?

Zakappel

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Normally use my computer hooked up to tv via HDMI with a wireless keyboard and mouse, but the computer is getting sluggish, and the bluetooth is acting funny. Most of the time for light tasks (pretty much all i do,) i'm on my phone or nexus 7 anyway. I decided i'd be better off just upgrading my tablet than replacing my computer, but when it comes time to do something like post on a forum, i really appreciate having it on my tv with the big screen. The problem is the galaxy s 10.5 which seems to be the best option in the ~10" range isn't supported by chromecast.

Worst case scenario i can always still hookup the bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the tablet and just use it on a kickstand in front of me, but i really feel like i would like the option of having it on my TV. Would it be worth going with another tablet, just to get chromecast support, or is chromecast eventually going to work with more devices? (Or does it even work well enough at all to make this a good plan in the first place?)

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
You have a nexus 7 and wireless keyboard so why not just buy the chromecast? I'm not sure why you need a new tablet to do what you want.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress