Froyo Questions

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T Nexus One and haven't been able to update yet. But I just have a few questions for now. Obviously the radio wasn't enabled, but

1. Was multitouch improved at all?
2. Did the trackball get multicolor notifications?
3. Was more RAM freed up with the new update?
4. Did the quality of pictures in the Gallery app improve?

There was one more question I wanted to ask but I can't remember what it was.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
1 - Never "really" had a problem with it.

2 - Umm... don't think so. Didn't see the option.

3 - Yes indeed. I believe I was in the high 70s or low 80s and now I'm around 94mbs.

4 - I think so, but I could just be noticing things.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
1 - Never "really" had a problem with it.

2 - Umm... don't think so. Didn't see the option.

3 - Yes indeed. I believe I was in the high 70s or low 80s and now I'm around 94mbs.

4 - I think so, but I could just be noticing things.

1. Only time I have a problem with it is in the Gameboid app, since the arrows and A B buttons are so close to the same horizontal line. When I hold the B button down and try to select the arrows, it always selects the down arrow because it's exactly horizontal to the B button. That's the only time I'm really bothered by it. Can you watch this video (YouTube - Motorola Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch Test) then download "multitouch visible test" from the market and tell me if it does the same thing?

2. Dang. It looks so cool.

3. That's it? I get in the 90's all the time. I was hoping more for in the 200-300's.

4. You'll notice if you zoom in. At the moment, I have to use B&B Gallery for viewing pics because the quality is lossless. Pictures in the default Gallery look like really bad JPGs.

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Voice Dialing Works in FroYo

5. Does voice dialing over bluetooth work? Has anyone tried this yet?

YES! I use a Jabra BT530 and just tried to voice dial and it worked. I pressed and held the action button on my headset and a dialog window popped up on my Nexus One without me touching it. It showed some examples of what to say and I said "Call X" and it dialed automatically.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to turn the phone on to use voice dialing over Bluetooth like you have to turn it on to voice dial with the search button now?

takakoshimizu

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
What is incorrect? What I'm getting? I checked prior to making my post.

What was incorrect would be more along the lines of general RAM gained.

Do you have several background services running? Or anything else going that could take up so much RAM?

Or am I the (happy) exception here, or what?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted by AndroidianSlip
YES! I use a Jabra BT530 and just tried to voice dial and it worked. I pressed and held the action button on my headset and a dialog window popped up on my Nexus One without me touching it. It showed some examples of what to say and I said "Call X" and it dialed automatically.

Thank you so much for the replay... that's awesome news!!!!!!!

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T Nexus One and haven't been able to update yet. But I just have a few questions for now. Obviously the radio wasn't enabled, but

1. Was multitouch improved at all?
2. Did the trackball get multicolor notifications?
3. Was more RAM freed up with the new update?
4. Did the quality of pictures in the Gallery app improve?

There was one more question I wanted to ask but I can't remember what it was.

1: Slightly in all apps but one of the most noticeable is in gallery and when you slowly spread your fingers out to zoom in the pictures seem to pan around rather then zooming in at a certain point but I'd say overall its a bit smooth, even though the nexus one has a inferior multi touch chip compared to most android devices and smartphones

2: Not that I've noticed :/

3: I havent done a before and after comparison but I'm guessing yes, thats where they got some of the speed improvments.

4: Yes I do believe so

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
1: Slightly in all apps but one of the most noticeable is in gallery and when you slowly spread your fingers out to zoom in the pictures seem to pan around rather then zooming in at a certain point but I'd say overall its a bit smooth, even though the nexus one has a inferior multi touch chip compared to most android devices and smartphones

2: Not that I've noticed :/

3: I havent done a before and after comparison but I'm guessing yes, thats where they got some of the speed improvments.

4: Yes I do believe so

Can you try out the multitouch test app like I mentioned on the first page of this topic? I'd really appreciate it.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
well I downloaded it and tried it out. it seems better and the blue and red don't seem to switch but when they are on the same plane or axis like side by side or one on top of each other then they seem to stick and don't come apart very well and that's when things arnt the best.

Last edited:

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
well I downloaded it and tried it out. it seems better and the blue and red dont seem to switch but when they are on the same plan or axis like side by side or one on top of each other then they seem to stick and dont come apart very well and thats when things arnt the best.

Dang. That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. :(

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38