Any T-Mobile N1 Users Out There?

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I have been leaning towards the N1, I'm not completely sure yet (never used an all touchscreen device before), but then I realized, I don't know any T-Mobile N1 users. Then again, I've only met one person with a N1 before, so, that may have something to do with it.

I'm curious, how does the Nexus One handle on T-Mobile's network? And before someone on another network chimes in, T-Mobile offers prices more in my range, so I'll be sticking with them for now.

bdotto14

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had zero problems in the three weeks I have had my N1 on T-Mobile in the Minneapolis area. I had one issue but called Customer Care and I was stuck to a tower that was down and it was a quick fix so I would definitly do it! My speed tests are about 1 Mbps down and .8 Mbps up which is a little low but will be different in your area and if you have the upgraded HSPA+ or not.

lmyamen#AC

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and have had no issues with my N1 on them, currently i am getting 1.60 mbps for download speeds. The phone is blazing fast. You wont regret it.

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, thanks for the quick replies. I'm still in a debate with myself if I am ready to go sans keyboard, but with what I'm learning about the N1, I might just take that plunge.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, how does the Nexus One handle on T-Mobile's network? And before someone on another network chimes in, T-Mobile offers prices more in my range, so I'll be sticking with them for now.

In my experience, across the country, in is generally good.
There are particular areas where there is no 3G, although for most of the areas, it is to be expected.
There are also a few metro areas that I would call problem areas: Columbus, Ohio & the Philadelphia metro area.

bdotto14

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been flipping between Blackberry and Android for a while and I have been just fine with the touch screen keyboard on the Nexus. I have been typing most of my texts with one hand because the software to predict what you are typing is so good. I just type a few letters and tap the word and I'm actually faster than on my Blackberry. I hope that gives you an idea about what to expect sans keyboard!

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Great Phone!!!!

Had BB's for six years and thought as you. Will never go back, keyboard is fine and in landscape keys are bigger than on a hard keyboard.

I have a beta program I am testing and is available to anyone at the moment. It is called Swype. Google it. Just drag your finger over keys to the letters you want. It knows what you want to type. Lightning fast if you are a fast typer and no strain on thumbs.

I am on Cincinnati Bell that uses TMO, and no problems ever.

Ken

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The best is I installed the free HTC keyboard which also has the standard numbered keyboard with T9 support. It's so fast for me, and you can switch back and forth with qwerty if you want.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile, and don't have any problems with my N1 besides no 3G in my area. Good thing I have wifi at home and work. The best way to get over the keyboard is to use the voice to text. That's how I search, text, or basically do anything where I would normally type.

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet action! Thanks to everyone for their replies! I really can't wait for my upgrade now (just a few more months), and the N1 is really winning out. I can tell I will have a lot of fun with this community and that you all are most helpful. You all rock! Go Android.