LED Trackball

NexusNexus

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I see videos of how to change the LED color notifications of the N1 trackball. I have the 2.2 version with FRF91 build and cannot locate where I can change trackball colors...directions please. Or do I need to add an app/widget? Thanks for any guidance...

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
you can install trackball alert for free from the market. and when you do the test notification the color will change. but for some reason the actual notifications are not working yet with trackball alert on froyo unless you are rooted. i think trackball alert will be updated to fix.

you can also install handcent which has the setting for your texts to be any color you want. that will work no problem. and other apps like sms count can change your gmail color, etc.

blink is another free app in the market, this one DOES work with standard froyo, but it only lets you configure a couple apps, not quite as many as trackball alert. but its good enough for you to at least get the colors working:D

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
As of right now it's up to the app to change the color. The only one I have installed that changes the color is K-9 Email. It's set to a Redish color. The only annoying thing is I can't figure out how to get the color back to white. :)

seer_claw

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an app called Blink- Flash LED. It only allows the trackball to blink while the screen is off but you can change the colours to ones that you want. Its my preference and I know a lot of other people that use it.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
For me, Blink only work on the 1st Flash? It then switches to original colour? Can someone guide me please?

I don't use blink. But I had a similar problem with Handcent. I found that if I went to the original application and turned off the LED notification then the Handcent one worked fine. I think it is just a case of both apps trying to set the notification method. You have to turn one of them off.

Simer03

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
yea, Blink didnt work for me either on frf91....so i just stuck with SMS popup for the sms trackball to change. it is a bit weird though cuz when i get a new voicemail, Google voice's trackball is green and i dont recall changing anything to make that happen! lol!! did it by itself!

Nick85

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think Blink only works when the screen is black. When I receive a call, I press the on/off button & I see the trackball blinking in blue.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
chomp, blink and gmail notifier. set em different colors, AND your only gonna get the one that pops up first. if its a email then thatll work. if its a missed text then chomp will work. they all dont go together. wish one app did it all. missed cALLS,

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems that trackball alert has been updated in the market to support stock froyo. You don't have to use blink anymore.Has anyone tried it yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez