New to N1

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! New here just bought a mint N1 AT&T branded, for 425$, pickin it up tomorrow. I am pretty much new to Android, what is the first thing I should do/get on this new puppy?? Oh yeah its, unrooted.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
First, its not AT&T branded.
It just has an At&T compatible radio.

Do not walk away from the seller till you are sure it all works. Remove every trace of the seller, do a factory reset and register it with your Gmail account.

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I meant AT&T radio. I was going to ask how to do all this cause I know ppl can be shady, but she said I am welcome to test out everything. Can you give me some good directions, just so I know what to do exactly. Thanks alot. And right now I have yahoo mail, lol. If I factory reset will it take off Froyo 2.2?

Last edited:

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes and make sure it actually gets 3g with your sim card and not just the t-mobile version pretending to be The ATT version.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
And right now I have yahoo mail, lol. If I factory reset will it take off Froyo 2.2?

You can not own an Android phone without a gmail account. So go get one.

Migrate all your contacts to gmail by what ever means you have from your current phone. Manage your contacts on your computer.

You can still use your Yahoo account, (or just forward it to gmail and eliminate a LOT of spam).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty