Nexus One or Nexus s

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Plain and simple..

The nexus s is getting phenomenal reviews only from some. The others, well they basically don't like that the hardware is nothing new, and that is misses a few things. there are no actual "bad" things OR poor performances, by far

With that said, there really isn't much that the Nexus One has short of trackball/led notification and a solid feel right?

I do like a solid feel

I was so excited about the Nexus S coming out till the reviews

Is there anyone else out there that wants an EVO, with HSPA+ and a camera with 2 LED flashes and Gingerbread, plus Pure Vanilla Android

So, what to do??

Pick out of the above two Nexus'...i.e. the original point of this thread OR wait for another...or the first 4.3" android for T-mobile.

Well, chances are, that could be awhile, and it may not be pure google no overlay. If that is what I like, the Nexus S hardware is NOT all that bad is it

Trust the reviews that say all that but at the end say,, it still is the best current android OR go and get the Nexus if I at least want the solid feel of an HTC phone

Nexus One

Nexus S

get the HTC Desire HD maybe (is that 3g in the states) or wait for another?

I believe mose will say Nexus S

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You know, i love the NS, even though the N1 was the best phone i have never owned, but the NS is really great so far. I love the form factor of the phone, and the i love the display the device has. I feel that you can't go wrong with choosing the NS or N1. They are really great phones.

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Go with the Nexus S, I loved my G2, liked the hardware of the Vibrant already (hated Touchwiz though), and loved my N1. The N2 is a clear upgrade to all of them for me. The only ~legitimate~ complaint I've seen/experienced is the "4G" support. But in my own testing between a G2 and the Nexus S in a "4G" area the speed differences weren't noticeable in most use cases. Just in HQ Youtube mode buffering did I even notice. -Pk

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nest and Cporier thanks

I am a bit of a nervous nelly with anxiety LOL

U r really helping me tho.

Can u help me in this area.

I had sold my MT4G before the reviews came out -- to summarize, that they were overwhelmed with the software but the hardware is nothing new. Most saying that it still ended as being the top android phone. Some saying that without the sd card, 4g, hd vid, and hdmi that it is NOT number one. Top 5 tho. Good summary, I think

Well, I am so nervous as to that. I DO want pure google, the ability to say Nexus again, get new updates, and some do say it is now the best

But there is this guy at Tmo I spoke too and I had to do a lot of acting cause I was calling for my friend and getting him that free g2 that phandroid showed me they were offering today at loyalty dept. Well he was saying that the g2 and mt4g were the best. I think not ......right (quivering???)

I won't regret it will I. I had both the Vibrant and MT4G. This has more than the Vibrant. And the mytouch was awesome BUT is had the mytouch name, which a lotof reps understood, it had a smaller screen, it had that nasty combo overlay of sense and mytouch, it Won't get the updates first

I won't regret it will I ??? This is better than those right?

btw, if you know anyone that doesnt want the nexus s or can't afford it, make sure they know about the free g2 deal TODAY only Call into the loyalty dept

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
If you just want the Google experience then get either one. I think if you get Nexus One you won't be disappointed. I've got both, been using Nexus S since Thursday and went back to Nexus One today and it seems like a big difference. I definitely like the screen size of S compared to One. And speed, well, I don't know if it's because of Gingerbread or the processor or what, but S is way faster than One.

If money is no problem to you then get Nexus S is my recommendation.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually if you don't have a Nexus One then go get a Nexus S try it out if you don't like it take it back. If you want a Nexus One then go get one. I want both just because I want to have the whole Nexus series. I am willing to pay to get the phone I am saving up. I already have the Nexus S

granadzo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Plain and simple..

The nexus s is getting phenomenal reviews only from some. The others, well they basically don't like that the hardware is nothing new, and that is misses a few things. there are no actual "bad" things OR poor performances, by far

With that said, there really isn't much that the Nexus One has short of trackball/led notification and a solid feel right?

I do like a solid feel

I was so excited about the Nexus S coming out till the reviews

Is there anyone else out there that wants an EVO, with HSPA+ and a camera with 2 LED flashes and Gingerbread, plus Pure Vanilla Android

So, what to do??

Pick out of the above two Nexus'...i.e. the original point of this thread OR wait for another...or the first 4.3" android for T-mobile.

Well, chances are, that could be awhile, and it may not be pure google no overlay. If that is what I like, the Nexus S hardware is NOT all that bad is it

Trust the reviews that say all that but at the end say,, it still is the best current android OR go and get the Nexus if I at least want the solid feel of an HTC phone

Nexus One

Nexus S

get the HTC Desire HD maybe (is that 3g in the states) or wait for another?

I believe mose will say Nexus S

Nexus S:

Super AMOLED
Improved battery life
Thinner
Contoured screen
Faster proc
Better touch screen performance

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i went and saw the nexus s at bestbuy and compared to my n1...so here

if you have a n1 and you're happy don't upgrade to the ns

if you have neither...
if want a cheaper almost same thing(as nexus s) get the n1

if want to spend a bit more and get nexus s
  • front camera
  • slightly bigger screen
  • slightly better quality screen/slightly bigger
  • a bit snappier (but really tbh not that much snappier)plus im sure gingerbread will make the n1 snappier
  • nfc
  • no microsd slot

as long you're ok with only have 16gb and you don't already own a n1

i'd say get a nexus s

otherwise if you need more than 16gb space get a n1

Last edited:

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya exactly whatever phone you think is best for you. I love my Nexus S, I barely activated it today and I enjoy it. Now I am happy because I am going to order my Nexus One soon. Maybe by the end of the month.

Reactions: eric0668

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Had the Nexus S for a week now and I really like it. The performance and stability has been great, and it has the longest battery out of any android phone I've had. (G1, MyTouch, EVO, Epic, Droid X, etc.)

But I never had a Nexus One and just picked one up today. I will be using the Nexus One over the next few days and see which one I want to keep.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has the Nexus S and MT4G thought I. Would keep both then I realized the nexus s was No comparison to the mt4g hardware. Gingerbread s not worth it especially since I just learned to root the mt4g and flash Roms. As said on the dogfights the mt4g really IA the best android out there imho For me

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I like my N1, but as already stated, NS is a definite upgrade. NS is a little more plastic (no metal and soft touch finish), but I think it still feels solid (no flex, good weight and feel). It definitely feels snappier so it will be interesting if gbread changes that for N1. But N1 works fine as my daily device since there is no ATT NS yet. NS voice and speaker quality is superb compared to my N1. That's really my only complaint of the N1; speakers suck, headphones or BT are ok. I also like the larger screen on NS, it's actually a big difference. I am not crazy about pen-tile amoled on either but NS is brighter. (I find pen-tile arrangement not as sharp, but many folk prefer the richer color that AMOLED provides.) The front camera on NS will be cool once there is a chat service that works with a pc rather than only mobile to mobile. Bottom line is, N1 is all the phone I need but if there was an ATT NS I would probably have it already. Comes down to what your willing to spend...

suprtong

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
well i personally have the N1 and i havent tries the NS yet, but for me im totally happy with the N1 .. and if youre on tmobile you can use there unlimited $10 web2go plan.. thats what i use.. but now its a grandfathered plan and it may be hard to get them to add it ..i thought about going back to a blackberry but i dont want to pay $30 a month for internet . plus you can do WAY MORE with android..

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've played with the Nexus S and really thought about getting one but I realized that its not much of an upgrade if you already have a Nexus One. Maybe I'll get the next Nexus phone when this N1 turns 2 years old.

GeoKaplan

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I've played with the Nexus S and really thought about getting one but I realized that its not much of an upgrade if you already have a Nexus One. Maybe I'll get the next Nexus phone when this N1 turns 2 years old.

Wake me when there is a Google phone with dual-core CPU--then I'll be interested in making a switch. I have played with the NS through those owned by friends, and there just isn't enough to warrant making a change.

And to me, the Samsung casing feeling really cheap.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Wake me when there is a Google phone with dual-core CPU--then I'll be interested in making a switch. I have played with the NS through those owned by friends, and there just isn't enough to warrant making a change.

And to me, the Samsung casing feeling really cheap.

Exactly, I'm hoping the next Nexus Phone will be made by Motorola, feature either the Tegra 2 or that quad-core beast they were displaying, have at least 768MB of RAM and at least 2GB of ROM, a 4inch screen, be the launch phone of the latest version of Android, have NFC, a FFC (1.3MP or better, no VGA), DLNA, HDMI out, 3.5mm headphone jack on the top of the phone, not the bottom, noise-cancelling, trackpad, Android button order of: back, menu, home, search (from left to right), at least a 5MP camera with dual flash, dedicated dock pins, personalized engraving (upon request), MicroSD card slot for crying out loud, notification light in the trackpad and a secondary one in the ear piece, a metal housing thats roughly the thinness of the N1, and most of all, I want it to be called the Nexus 2.

GeoKaplan

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Moto's history of updating their Android phones is pretty horrible--they just abandoned two more entry-level phones, stating they would not be elevating the phones past their Eclair software. The folks who trusted them by buying a Cliq XT will forever be on Cupcake if they're using official updates, while those with the Devour will be left on Donut (at least, they'll have Google Nav).

However, if it is a reference phone, then the job of pushing the OS would fall to Google, and Moto (and its execrable Blur overlay) would be out of the picture once the hardware is finished. Additionally, the reviews of the Atrix have praised Motorola's design and build. So, yeah, I could get behind your concept phone.

Meanwhile, speaking of the Nexus S: I just returned from a local Best Buy--the NS was nowhere on display. It is apparently behind the counter and the staff has to show it to you (assuming you can get their attention), but it really doesn't seem as if BB has its heart in selling the NS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87