Questions for Pixel fans

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Routines are LIFE! Set it and forget it. As AI heavy as Pixels are, there must be something akin to routines. Idk if I can live without them.
Routines Samsung hands down, there is another thing to take in consideration pixels and many many Androids do not have a great back up like Samsung let me explain because all Android have back up.

Samsung has a option to literally back up your device to PC smart switch without cloud service, make multiple backups on device through Samsung cloud less couple features and can restore them any time .
I do love the pixel experience I go way back Nexus days but I also go way back Samsung S3/Note 2 days to current devices.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
One of the first things I do is disable the assistant, no matter which “flavor”.
The assistant experience is too good on the pixel. Definitely can tell that it's baked into the pixel OS versus an app. By the assistant I'm not talking about the "Hey Google" part. More so the day to day operations as well as dictation. Never been one to talk into my phone, but when sending a message or email they make it so effortless. It gets almost everything correct even down to the punctuation.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Routines Samsung hands down, there is another thing to take in consideration pixels and many many Androids do not have a great back up like Samsung let me explain because all Android have back up.

Samsung has a option to literally back up your device to PC smart switch without cloud service, make multiple backups on device through Samsung cloud less couple features and can restore them any time .
I do love the pixel experience I go way back Nexus days but I also go way back Samsung S3/Note 2 days to current devices.
I kinda have backup overkill. I use smart switch, Google one and Microsoft one. All of them tend to do pretty well. Of course smart switch is the easiest since it's the only one that will transfer your secured folder.

Another feature I like which I know isn't exclusive to Samsung but they do the best integration of is link to Windows. Love just getting on my PC and seeing my notifications along with my normal PC notifications and now since I can access all my Android apps while on my PC I don't have to use my phone at all while it's connected unless I choose to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I kinda have backup overkill. I use smart switch, Google one and Microsoft one. All of them tend to do pretty well. Of course smart switch is the easiest since it's the only one that will transfer your secured folder.

Another feature I like which I know isn't exclusive to Samsung but they do the best integration of is link to Windows. Love just getting on my PC and seeing my notifications along with my normal PC notifications and now since I can access all my Android apps while on my PC I don't have to use my phone at all while it's connected unless I choose to.
I heard about the PC but never used it

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The assistant experience is too good on the pixel. Definitely can tell that it's baked into the pixel OS versus an app. By the assistant I'm not talking about the "Hey Google" part. More so the day to day operations as well as dictation. Never been one to talk into my phone, but when sending a message or email they make it so effortless. It gets almost everything correct even down to the punctuation.
Yeah Google owns that hands down

Reactions: buzzy3970

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should try my pixel again and see if it's improved, but that was not my experience with voice dictation. It's probably my accent but it's about as bad as on any other phone.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they made it amazing with US English and just neglected every other dialect.

The british Assistant voice is much better than the american though.
I haven't tried Google Assistant on my Samsung device. Is the UK voice for it Received Pronunciation or something else?

As an American, I find the Brummie accent hardest to understand. I couldn't decipher a thing Ozzy Osbourne said when he spoke, and I needed subtitles for Peaky Blinders.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried Google Assistant on my Samsung device. Is the UK voice for it Received Pronunciation or something else?

As an American, I find the Brummie accent hardest to understand. I couldn't decipher a thing Ozzy Osbourne said when he spoke, and I needed subtitles for Peaky Blinders.
I wouldn't say it was quite RP, at least not 70s BBC RP, it's close but more natural. If I was pushed I would say she's from Surrey :) it sounds a lot more natural than the American voice though, which is odd.

Bixby is the opposite, American Bixby sounds OK, but British bixby sounds like she has sustained a rather serious head injury.

No one understands Ozzy haha that's kind of his thing!I'm from the same city as Lemmy, so you probably wouldn't be able to understand me either, although I do have a much softer accent than he did. .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it was quite RP, at least not 70s BBC RP, it's close but more natural. If I was pushed I would say she's from Surrey :) it sounds a lot more natural than the American voice though, which is odd.

Bixby is the opposite, American Bixby sounds OK, but British bixby sounds like she has sustained a rather serious head injury.

No one understands Ozzy haha that's kind of his thing!I'm from the same city as Lemmy, so you probably wouldn't be able to understand me either, although I do have a much softer accent than he did. .
I understood Lemmy just fine.

Reactions: mustang7757

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
There used to be a thing called “Standard North American English” many years ago, and it was spoken by most educated people, and radio commentators.

It disappeared from public use quite a few years ago, when society decided that standards were inappropriate.

Educated folks or “people with upbringing” still speak it, in spite of its change in status among the woke population.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter