What's the battery life on this?

sekser

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone talk about it. Wonder if you have to shut all the services off to make it last a good amount of time, thus crippling the phone.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone talk about it. Wonder if you have to shut all the services off to make it last a good amount of time, thus crippling the phone.

Nexus One Phone - Feature overview & Technical specifications

Power and battery

Removable 1400 mAH battery

Charges at 480mA from USB, at 980mA from supplied charger

Talk time
Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G
Standby time
Up to 290 hours on 2G Up to 250 hours on 3G
Internet use
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback
Up to 7 hours
Audio playback
Up to 20 hours

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
That's the technical info, but I would also like to know anecodotal evidence. I've read that the snapdragon processor can eat through battery pretty quickly.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am on Day 1 and so far it seems to be keeping pace with the iPhone 3GS. I had to charge it (the iPhone) by 3 or 4pm every day. Seems like there are plenty of options to lower power consumption (disable many background apps, turn off BT - WiFi etc, lower screen brightnees) - so once I figure out the right combo based on how I am using it, I should expect at least a full business day out of it.

seasideclub

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I got about two hours out of the battery today. Used the Google Nav with GPS all the way home just for fun. Sucker got really hot (BTU) too!

land of the trill

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Results may vary but its pretty good overall but most of the battery is ate up by the display, radio, and data so don't worry about the processor it really doesn't effect the battery as many may think but prehaps you would like a 528mhz processor instead lol.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
real world:

I am making it until about 4pm with business use - email (2) accounts, calls here and there, BT on, WiFi on, GPS off, brightness set at 50%, some messaging, twitter, light surfing. Weekends I can make it a day and a half. These same settings on the 3GS had me charging the phone by around 2-3pm and every night on weekends. The one thing about my Bold that I loved was I could go 2-3 days without looking for a charger!

For GPS, I drove from Philly to DC using it and still had juice when I got there. Not much but I wanted to see. Can't wait for a car dock!

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
30 plus calls a day and heavy data usage gets me from 6am to about 4 pm. I'm sure this would be less of you use maps a lot more. If you have an iPhone think it plus about an hour or two. As always it will vary from day to day as usage goes up and down. That's way you can expect.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
real world:

I am making it until about 4pm with business use - email (2) accounts, calls here and there, BT on, WiFi on, GPS off, brightness set at 50%, some messaging, twitter, light surfing. Weekends I can make it a day and a half. These same settings on the 3GS had me charging the phone by around 2-3pm and every night on weekends. The one thing about my Bold that I loved was I could go 2-3 days without looking for a charger!

For GPS, I drove from Philly to DC using it and still had juice when I got there. Not much but I wanted to see. Can't wait for a car dock!

this is sounding more in-line with what i'm getting... and what i got with my 3GS (Sold).... so perhaps, this is just the way it's going to be...

Last edited:

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I got a response from HTC... pretty vague me thinks... :(

I dunno.... maybe i'm just a "heavy user" without realising it ???

Thank you for contacting HTC!

We do apologize for any issues you are having with your HTC Google Nexus One. However, from what you have told me about what is running on your phone, 5 hours after a full charge to be at 50% is not bad. The WiFi and GPS alone drain your battery quickly, so we recommend that they only be on when you need them. I hope this solves your issue.

Sincerely,

HTC Email Support

Customer Information
Name XXXXXXXXXX
Telephone XXXXXXXXXXXX
Email Address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Country United States
Inquiry Information
Inquiry Type Technical Support
Inquiry Description Hello, Wondering if I possibly have a defective battery in my Nexus One. Purchased on 1/7/10. After about 5hrs (from a full overnight charge), battery % is down near 50% or less. This is happening daily. Usage is maybe 15min of calls by this point. Screen brightness set to about 25%. Bluetooth off. WiFi on. GPS on. Email, web, sms... nothing outrageous. Apps with notifications are Weather Channel app, Facebook, the default news/weather app... and that's about it. No IM apps running. What do you suggest? Is it possible to obtain a replacement battery, and send in my current one?

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Don't know. I guess I'm just use to it being that I have an iPhone. I think to have the processor thy this one has and ability to run multiple apps its not that bad. Seidio is coming out with an extended one and one that replacement es the original one and uses the same battery cover. So at least there are some options and yes you can always swap a battery if needed. If anyone is expecting to get BB like battery life its just not going to happen.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i'm at 7h35m right now with 27% left... GPS and WiFi off screen at about 10-15% brightness.... includes about 1.5hrs of Pandora... biggest contributors right now are display (43%)... cell standby (34%)... next is Android System (5%)...

you guys consider this normal?

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
seidioonline.com you'll have to select nexus one of course and look at batteries. Its not out just yet but its coming. As soon as its out I'm ordering. Should be in the $40 range. That's just going off of all the other one for other devices. That does seem to be a little excessive but I think that Pandora is causing a big drain. I'm at 9hr 22min unplugged. Display-46%,voice call-29%,browser-7%,cell standby-5%,android system-5%,phone idle-3%,wifi-2%. This is with wifi on,GPS on. Screen is at 35% or so. I'm usually conected to wifi most of the day. I'm at 25% left on the battery.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i'm at 7h35m right now with 27% left... GPS and WiFi off screen at about 10-15% brightness.... includes about 1.5hrs of Pandora... biggest contributors right now are display (43%)... cell standby (34%)... next is Android System (5%)...

you guys consider this normal?

I think so. My display is using 58% and cell standby 12%. I think that stuff fluctuates. I am running 2G only on AT&T. Just to try, I turned off the screen auto backlight and set the brightness widget to the lowest setting (0 on the slider) - I had a 75% battery at 8pm (I did do a couple of USB connections) but still much better. I think the battery will improve over use and if you can get to 5pm, that is all you should expect for everything this phone is doing.

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say if you plan to use it for an entire day, you will need a charging source (laptop, wall outlet, etc) near by.

This is after 0.5 a day of use. (Had WiFi on, Browsing for most of the time, trying to get use to the keyboard).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer