Android 2.2.2

BP72

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Nexus One Update?

Had message that there was a system update for my Nexus One..

Hit install.. the phone restarted... checked the "About Phone"... and i am still running 2.2.1 (FRG83G)?????

In the About Phone section i hit check for system updates and it says i am up to date.

Did i miss something? Is it a 2 part update?

Anyone else have this happen?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
it's *#*#checkin#*#*

This does NOT force an update or a download. You wait your turn, and it gets pushed to you (apparently) in phone purchase order.

The most Checkin does is downloads the update if it is waiting to come to your phone.

melanchete

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Had message that there was a system update for my Nexus One..

Hit install.. the phone restarted... checked the "About Phone"... and i am still running 2.2.1 (FRG83G)?????

In the About Phone section i hit check for system updates and it says i am up to date.

Did i miss something? Is it a 2 part update?

Anyone else have this happen?
Seeing the same issue the signature is invalid. Re-dowloaded and tried again with the same results.

Reactions: BP72

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Google where is Gingerbread? It's been more than a "few weeks" and even then I would have hoped to get it in conjunction with the Samsuck Nexus S(hite). And I do sincerely believe you had an agreement with Samsuck to NOT put Gingerbread on anything else for a certain period of time so that more people would be motivated to get the Nexus S(hite).

I think their waiting to finish 2.4 Gingerbread and skip 2.3.

jmejiaa

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Who knows, maybe Google had to stop playing with 2.3 on Nexus one to rush this patch out for the SMS bug after the world and everyone's mother made a big deal about it.. Personally I've never experienced the bug and am a heavy SMS user.. Not saying it wasn't a bug.. But I feel it got blown out of proportion...

Either way, I'm on Gingerbread right now and it's really not that big of a deal, I promise - it's more of a "cool, I have 2.3" thing... But honestly from my stock rom I can't tell much difference...

richxps

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new to the n1 . For some reason I did not get the 2.2.2 update yet. I'm only on wifi now do you think I need a 3G connection to get it or does it take this long for the update to come through?
Thanks

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, no. You just need an Internet connection. My N1 seems to update a week or so after Google starts rolling out updates, so it may take some time.

halems

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Problems since update

Since the 2.2.2 update, nothing seems to want to sync. Talk won't find the server, maps can't find directions.

Anyone else?

ermac

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
T-mo Nexus One, downloaded the update to 2.2.2 and now the News and Weather widget that is standard on the N1 constantly force closes. Anyone else experienced this as well?

richxps

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
so far no update for me here in NY. I guess ill have to hang in there a few more days. Anyone else still not seeing the update ?

goonieboy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
T-mo Nexus One, downloaded the update to 2.2.2 and now the News and Weather widget that is standard on the N1 constantly force closes. Anyone else experienced this as well?

I just tried the news and weather widget this morning for about 5 min and everything worked fine.How long does it take a before it force closes?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting the "package not signed error as well".

Why does this seem to be an issue every other update or so. WTF!! Does anyone know what this error message is supposed to mean? Why doesn't it JUST WORK! :mad:

Nexus One / T-Mobile / FRG83D / Kernel 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320android-build@apa26 #1