placebo effect or gingerbread snappier than froyo?

Gingerbread faster?

• Total voters

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i just manual updated my nexus one (on tmob 3g) i noticed it runs a bit smoother and snappier....

sooo...

Placebo effect?

or

is gingerbread snappier than froyo?

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i did notice that the gingerbread KB is MUCH better
i might just keep using it

=D

i think google acquisition of blindtype is beginning to show in its KB

yes i know im late on this
its been downloadable for months as a standalone kb

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely a bit faster. I like it! You're right about the keyboard being better too. With the pointer thingy I could almost do away with the trackball. Though I do like the trackball for some games!

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think for people using cyanogenmod before getting gb there isn't much of a speed difference. I heard cm6 was blazing fast

Makes me wonder how good cm7 when its done completely done(at this point I might just keep my phone a whole nother year its so fast)

Because my stock 2.3 is definitely faster than stock 2.2 its like I got a new phone:)

i also noticed battery life is a little better
probably from all the dark colored accents? darker color use less power on the screen?

Last edited:

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a "I haven't gotten it yet and I probably wont until the very end" option because that perfectly describes my history of OTA updates.

Does anyone know (or have any idea) how Google determines who gets OTA when?

I bought my Nexus One 46 seconds after that google.com/phone page went up, yet every single update was 4-5 days after seeing reports online that others were getting it, so it's clearly not based on when a phone was bought.

KoalaGrip

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
There needs to be a "I haven't gotten it yet and I probably wont until the very end" option because that perfectly describes my history of OTA updates.

It is so,so easy to install it yourself on an N1, that the OTA wait time shouldn't be an issue. Took me 10 minutes. Works perfectly.

I have also noticed another speed increase. That'll be the JIT compiler optimisations, no doubt.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

goonieboy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
It is so,so easy to install it yourself on an N1, that the OTA wait time shouldn't be an issue. Took me 10 minutes. Works perfectly.

I have also noticed another speed increase. That'll be the JIT compiler optimisations, no doubt.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Same here it takes forever for me to get the OTA so i just install it manually as soon as it comes out.I don't know why people wait for the OTA anyways

J-Mar

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this... when I do a jog using the Runkeeper app the GPS does a better job of keeping up. On Froyo every time there would be times where the GPS would sleep or lag for a minute or so and the GPS points on the map would have large gaps between them. But on GB the GPS constantly logs the run.

marik1234

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Not just you guys, my N1 got BLAZINGLY FASTER since I manually updated it to Gingerbread. Oh god too much to name, so many speed increases from sending texts, loading the messaging app, starting up apps, UI interactions in general have gotten way faster, smoother and zippier, and the GPS is also even better, faster and accurate. And not to mention all the good looks of Gingerbread. :D I love it, makes me wanna buy a Nexus S asap which I have to do cause of the touchscreen calibration issues on my N1, it wrongly senses where I touch it at sometimes so sometimes the wrong letter gets hit on the keyboard, it happens a little but it's still so annoying. It definitely declined a bit on Gingerbread, probably because of the way better keyboard. Still a bit annoying though, and then you have the other touchscreen calibration issues aside from the keyboard like when you choose a thread in messaging, sometimes it selects the wrong one when you touch it and if you're not paying attention or trying to text quick you might send the text to the wrong person, happened to me a bunch of times but I pay more attention now. It's still under warranty till March something but idk if they might say it's a bit of my fault, I dropped it slightly once and the right side of the back cover has a gap between where it's supposed to hit with and connect to the phone on the side, maybe that side of the touchscreen got hit in a little or something which causes the calibration issues. I guess I could try it since it might not be my fault but I don't wanna be without my phone. I think HTC actually sends u a refurbished replacement N1 first actually and keeps your credit card on hold till they get the old one back, but I don't want them charging me after for the old one and saying it was my fault, that'd suck. :(

NEO_FOLLOWER2

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i personally dont have any reason to get a nexus s...now that gb is on n1
it'd just be throwing money around for a .3mm bigger screen and some features ill never use.

i got my n1 replaced last month.
i dont even think i was under warrenty
the phone was bought on craigslist and it was listed under someone else's name the rep told me
he said as long as it's not rooted or anything
they'll probably replace it.
so i sent it in.
they sent one back asap.
it seemed like all they did was open mine, look at it physically, turned it on checked for root check for anything that might be not covered on warrenty and then put in back into a box and sent me a new one. they probably didn't thoroughly check it.

and in regards to waiting for ota. i got my 2.2.2 ota 4-5 days later than everyone
so i decided to update 2.3 manually...its so easy it shouldnt even be an issue
download it. rename it. put it on your sd card. restart the phone. run recovery. done.

decyphersmc

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I normally never turn off my phone (just dock it every night) and I find that with my Nexus One it can get bogged down/start to lag up after awhile. Some I'm not sure if Gingerbread just cleared out a ton of garbage that will pile up again or if the phone will stay this snappy in the long run.

That said, the phone feels new (probably helps that I put in the tron like honeycomb wallpaper and with everything being black instead of white/grey). I also found that my wifi turns on way faster (or at least it seems like it cause the grey wifi icon appears).

Keyboard is very nice, but I find it's sometimes hard to select a replacement word when the arrow is in the way (copypaste arrow).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non