Can N1 output audio via the USB port?

rockdawg

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently had the iPhone with the TomTom car cradle and I LOVED being able to just snap the phone in and out of the cradle when I got in and out of the car. No messing with cords every time. This was possible because it would output audio through it's bottom port. You then plugged the power and audio cords into the cradle and not the phone. Can the N1 do this making it possible for some manufacturer to make a similar cradle solution? I am considering purchasing one when it comes out for Verizon.

rockdawg

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So how does everyone deal with the N1 in the car? Always messing with cables every time you get in and out?

I don't understand why every manufacturer doesn't make a case and then a home and car cradle that will work with that case. Maybe I'm a minority on this, but I love convenience and to me, the most convenient thing is to simply set my phone in a cradle without having to remove my case and have power and audio.

Captain Amazing

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxiously awaiting the Nexus One car dock. Currently, I just set my phone in the cup holder. I don't charge it in the car because I don't have a long drive.