Nexus 10 are to be sold at Walmart and Staples.

krmurrayjr

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, that was amusing. Having read this thread yesterday, I checked Staples' website to see if any stores in the Philadelphia area carried the Nexus 10, and at 2 or 3 of the stores, the N10 was listed as "in stock".

So, I drove out to the nearest one this afternoon, in a far-flung Philly suburb, and went inside. I took a good walk around the store, and saw that although they had displays set up for the Nook, the Fire, the Nexus 7, and even the Surface, there was no N10 anywhere to be seen. I then approached one of their workers and asked if they did in fact have any of them, as I had seen them listed on their website. His response was amusing, to say the least: he gave me a wry smile and responded in a low voice that they had indeed received 30 of them, and that he would have to ask the tech lead if he was allowed to sell any of them. After another 10 minutes of consultations and anxious waiting, I finally made it out the door with one, feeling as if I had just bought a load of heroin.

Now I'm waiting for it to fully charge before starting it for the first time. I already have the 4 and the 7 and can't wait to see the display in person!

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, that was amusing. Having read this thread yesterday, I checked Staples' website to see if any stores in the Philadelphia area carried the Nexus 10, and at 2 or 3 of the stores, the N10 was listed as "in stock".

So, I drove out to the nearest one this afternoon, in a far-flung Philly suburb, and went inside. I took a good walk around the store, and saw that although they had displays set up for the Nook, the Fire, the Nexus 7, and even the Surface, there was no N10 anywhere to be seen. I then approached one of their workers and asked if they did in fact have any of them, as I had seen them listed on their website. His response was amusing, to say the least: he gave me a wry smile and responded in a low voice that they had indeed received 30 of them, and that he would have to ask the tech lead if he was allowed to sell any of them. After another 10 minutes of consultations and anxious waiting, I finally made it out the door with one, feeling as if I had just bought a load of heroin.

Now I'm waiting for it to fully charge before starting it for the first time. I already have the 4 and the 7 and can't wait to see the display in person!

Do you mind me asking, did the store only carry the 32GB?

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same way after leaving a remote country Walmart store, looking around to see if anyone else was looking for one on the shelves.
Although I would have been upset if I had driven all the way there only to find the last one was gone, I did call and have one put aside just to make sure they wouldnt sell it from under me.
There must be a few people in the know because that small country store had two at 9 pm and 0 by 11am the next morning...
Call around and check first, they only have a 2 hr hold period but its worth checking before driving.
PS.. LOVING this thing ! :cool:

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I live in philly where did u find the nexus 10 at Please tell me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Staples in Barrington RI, Two Easy Tech Employee's

me "When would you be getting the Nexus 10"
girl "What's an Nexus 10"
me "Google and Samsung's latest tablet"
girl "Is it an Android Tablet?"
me "Yes it runs Android 4.2,1 Jelly Bean
girl "I thought Gingerbread was the latest operating system"
me "No"
girl "Has the Nexus 10 been released yet?"
me "Yes a few weeks ago"
girl "Let me check our computers"
me "OK thank you"
girl "Stand's behind the counter for literally 4 seconds and she's say's I must be mistaken that the Nexus 10 hasn't even been released yet"
me "How do I have two Nexus 10's sitting at home that I purchased a few weeks ago"
girl "Try's to tell me I must of bought Nexus 7's instead"
me "Can I speak with a manager or someone else how knows the difference between products"
girl " Grabs the other easy tech guy"
me "Do you know when Staples will offer the Nexus 10 in stores"
dude" What's a Nexus 10?"
me "Have a nice Day"

krmurrayjr

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

me "No"
me "Yes a few weeks ago"
me "OK thank you"
girl "Stand's behind the counter for literally 4 seconds and she's say's I must be mistaken that the Nexus 10 hasn't even been released yet"
me "How do I have two Nexus 10's sitting at home that I purchased a few weeks ago"
me "Can I speak with a manager or someone else how knows the difference between products"
me "Have a nice Day"

They must be the two people so far who bought Windows 8 phones. Didn't they give you any AOL installation CDs before you left?

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

me "No"
me "Yes a few weeks ago"
me "OK thank you"
me "Have a nice Day"

hehe well that store in particular still hasn't released the item. You could have tried asking to see if they received it in other nearby stores. especially since the item is now up for sale online they might able to track one down for you.

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I already own two Nexus 10's I was just seeing if that store was going to supply them, I went into the store originally to buy Google Play gift cards.

KneeDragr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

me "No"
me "Yes a few weeks ago"
me "OK thank you"
me "Have a nice Day"

Even in a bad economy, completely useless people get jobs. I mean seriously, all you need is a heartbeat and a clean criminal record to get a job in retail. This is why I buy everything online. He probably has a stack of them sitting behind the counter and doesent know it.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Even in a bad economy, completely useless people get jobs. I mean seriously, all you need is a heartbeat and a clean criminal record to get a job in retail. This is why I buy everything online. He probably has a stack of them sitting behind the counter and doesent know it.

He probably don't give a damn either...I have run into many of those in the past few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty