- 2 Posts
Transferring Files with Nexus 10
I did a quick search on the forums for a solution to this problem, but I came up empty, which makes me think that I'm a complete *****. Luckily, I'm sure that someone will be able to post a quick solution for me and then I can quietly remove this post from the forums.
My problem is that I would like to transfer files from my Asus laptop to my Nexus 10. I know that I could use Google Drive, but I'd prefer to not have to upload a 300 mb file and then download the same. I assumed that by connecting my laptop to my Nexus 10 using the USB drive that the device comes with would work. It didn't. I'm thinking that I'm missing some drivers somewhere, but none installed and when I ran a google search, nothing helpful came up.
So, what do I do? Is it simply impossible to transfer files through a USB cord? Or is my laptop simply a failure in yet a new and colorful way?
- 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM #2
- 5,482 Posts
Re: Transferring Files with Nexus 10
1. if you have not touched "developer options" ignore step 1. if yes, then make sure USB debugging is disabled in developer option (its disabled by default)
2. connect your nexus 10 to PC using USB cable
3. go to settings-->Storage-->menu(three dots on top right)-->USB mass storage--> make sure MTP is checked.
nexus 10 hdd should appear on your computer.
- 12-28-2012, 03:42 AM #4My Toys
Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
- By emmib in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 23Last Post: 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
- By Joescan in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 7Last Post: 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM
- By mraiii in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 10Last Post: 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
- By Dale M in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
- By kennedy27403 in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 3Last Post: 11-11-2011, 08:50 PM